Our week started off with a bang. It was the final in-service of the year so no school. Because of that, I introduced the kids to the secrets of Costco. We pulled into the lot at 9:30 and I got gas. I then parked the car in "my" spot. (Does everyone have a spot or general area they prefer in a lot?)
And we waited. At 9:45 we got out of the car and went to the sidewalk outside of the store. So when the store that was supposed to open at 10:00 opened at 9:50 we were the third set of people in the door. Because I had the kids with me we meandered more than I would have typically. But still, we left Costco at 10:14. The parking lot was now crowded and swarms of people were moving in.
And we were leaving.
It is the most magical way to shop Costco.
The only photo my phone took on Monday was this gem. As M had to clean a particular corner of her room in order to go buy a basketball.
She did manage to get it clean. She paid for the ball with her own money. Then she played outside for a long time with said ball.
Tuesday brought a beautiful day. I wore the truth on my shirt when we went to piano.
And then we went to Cracker Barrel because it would have been fiscally irresponsible not to.
We had a gift card and kids eat free promotion. By girl math, it was a free meal.
Wednesday was our last Family Faith night and I spent the day crafting a giant rosary out of pool noodles.
And any time you can pray as a large group life is pretty good right?!
Yesterday I went with my friends to see Lauren Daigle in concert.
Was it my smartest choice to go with my friends an hour and a half away to see a musician that is fine but not my favorite? Probably not. But I am still glad I went.
We had determined in December when we got the tickets that we'd stay under $100 a ticket and honestly, I thought our seats were pretty great.
I honestly would have been mad to be on a floor seat because the chairs were set up "to the front" but the stage was clearly in the middle. Taylor Swift managed to figure it out. The poor people on the floor had to keep turning around.
Ellie Holcomb was the opener. And then when she was done there was a whole drawn-out commercial pitch to sponsor children with a speaker, filmed projections and a DJ underscoring it. It was emotionally gripping.
But then you guys the speaker said "Let's sponsor 500 kids tonight!" and the volunteers would come out with the pictures of kids to sponsor. And he said, "kids just raise your hands and use your parent's credit card!" I'm all for sponsoring kids but come on. How on Earth can you say that in a crowded venue full of Christian children?! It was uncomfortable and I didn't appreciate the manipulation of small people who cannot actually make that decision.
Lauren used projections on her screen. And I genuinely appreciated how the lights looked over the crowd.
While I was off galavanting with my friends my peeps at home were at member night at the museum.
And they had a really nice time! Apparently, that movie was the best one they've ever seen at the museum so that's fun. I will have to try and catch it.
Today is May Crowning which has nothing to do with my job and as I don't have a second or eighth-grader also doesn't concern me as a parent! So I just am going to go and sit in the balcony, bask in the cuteness, and call it good.
These two smiley people brought their flowers for Mary and I hope they have a great Friday. Just as I hope YOU have a great Friday.
OK you guys actually have fun during the week! A concert? A museum movie? Dinner out? Even Costco sounds fun :) And yes your girl math is mathing.
ReplyDelete