Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Puppies and 18 months

Eh, I feel like blogging but I don't really have a lot to say. I know that's really exciting.

We've been dog sitting for Husband's canine cousins Gable and Jess. Pretty awesome. Well... Jess is a puppy still, less than a year. In Yellow Lab standards she's almost full grown, maybe she is full grown, I'm not their owner so I don't really know. And on some levels it's fun, the big house, cable television and other things like that. Oh and as a special bonus when I dropped the relatives off at the airport I got to drive the Lexus. That was pretty sweet.

But on the other side it's like having 2 toddlers. Jess and C are needy. Though they do entertain themselves for the most part which is cute. This however is reaffirming our decision to not be pet people. We just are not cut out to be dog owners. But it's nice to hang with them occasionally.

We are gearing up for Thanksgiving. It's just going to be the 3 of us and we're still in debates on the food. I'm sure we'll figure it out before Thursday though. I am excited to watch the parade in my pajamas and have a special breakfast with my boys. (Jury is still out on what that's going to be too.)

C had his 18 month old check up yesterday, it went well. I can't believe my baby is a year and a half old! That's almost 2 people. Which is too old already!! Every day he surprises me with something which is the best part of parenting I think. At his checkup we could hear a little baby crying and I he looked at me and said sweetly "cry." He was concerned for the baby. So sweet. And when Nurse Sherry came in for the pokes he knew and started whimpering during the alcohol swab, poor sweetheart.

But he is right on track developmentally which is good, I think any parent worries a little (or a lot) about that. I just can't stand that he is so big already. I just want to hit pause.

Life is pretty good I think. And Advent starts on Sunday. I cannot wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Your first line: that's me about 90% of the time these days.

    And your poor little guy, whimpering when he realized he'd be crying soon, too. :( One of my twin granddaughters (almost 2-and-1/2) has this thing she does in similar situations, where her lip trembles and she says, "It'll be fine. It'll be fine." Heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!