Once upon a time, in the land I live in, Disney on Ice comes to town every year around the holidays. While I wouldn't say we are Disney fanatics, we are certainly Disney lovers and have started our own little tradition of going to the show. So Saturday night we continued the long standing tradition and went to Disney on Ice as a family for the second time.
After hitting the ATM and the gas station we headed over the bridge to the arena. After driving around looking for a free place to park we decided to just park in the ramp. We got ROCKSTAR parking in the ramp. It was the first of many good things to come. On the way in we bought a Donald Duck stuffed animal to match his Mickey from last year. There were many different things to choose from but luckily he was pleased with the souvenir we picked out for him.
While you probably can't tell from the pictures we are all in Mickey shirts. I questioned this while we were getting dressed but went with it. Lemme just say we were tame compared to some of the Disney get ups. Clearly some people used Disney on Ice as an excuse to use the Halloween costumes again.
We bought the same exact seats as last year. We like them. They are the first row of cheapy-seats, but since our child is 17 months old and was going to enjoy it regardless it doesn't matter where we sit. Another perk of cheap seats is we had the entire section to ourselves. Meaning we could have moved closer but we like rules and all that. (Really I was nervous that my wiggly dude would have jumped over the railing. There was a little boy in the section next to us and I thought he was for sure going over.)
 |
| My guys. I have a similar picture from last year. |
Having the section to ourselves was also good because the wiggle worm could climb the steps and use his new found outdoor voice and it just doesn't matter one bit. We weren't bothering anyone. It was especially fun during the intermission for him to run the top row. (With Husband close by of course. We like him to explore the world but don't think I'm so easy going I'd let a 17 month old loose in a stadium.)
 |
| This is the best picture of the two of us. He just wanted to take it all in. |
He LOVED the show. He liked it last year too but this year he really got into it. He waved to Mickey every time he was on the ice. And I am incredibly biased but it was adorable. He liked the music and at the end there were indoor fireworks so that was pretty cool. He did switch between his seat, both laps and standing but with a snack cup of baby Goldfish crackers, a bag of fruit snacks and his water bottle he did great.
 |
This was during the Lilo and Stitch Segment.
As it happened we just watched this movie on Daylight Savings Night. |
The show itself from my perspective wasn't as good as last year but it was still Disney and I liked it. C really hadn't seen many of the featured movies, just
Lilo and Stitch. I had him during the Peter Pan parts and he had seen enough of
Jake and the Neverland Pirates to make that interesting. But Disney is good with music and spectacle which makes any toddler happy. I'm looking forward to next year already!
Awwww...sounds like such a fun evening. Sounds like a nice little tradition you've started!
ReplyDelete