Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WWRW: Really What I'm Reading

I'm not sure if Jessica is hosting this week but I've really enjoyed the reflection of my reading on Wednesdays so I am going to write either way.

Last week, I was fortunate enough to win Dynamic Catholic over at Annery at Home. And because we are local she dropped it off for me, which even though it was a total of 30 seconds (she had her girls in the car and I was in the process of wrangling a C into clothes for an errand) it marked my first blogger meet up. So that was pretty darn cool!!

So we've been dog sitting right? It's funny, the only other Matthew Kelly book I've read is Rediscovering Catholicism, and it was the last time we were dog sitting in August 2012. Isn't that a hoot? So I've been delving into Dynamic Catholic. This week I am going to take full advantage of the word "reading" because despite my best efforts, I am not finished due in part to taking on 2 canines.


But so far Kelly is proving to be the same writer I knew and coming up with great actions to become dynamic. So far he has provided realistic expectations to provide growth. It's not all jump in the deep end of becoming engaged in your faith but it does offer suggestions and key ideas. Which is good I think. I certainly could be more engaged and I look forward to finishing the book and encouraging my journey.

If you were to ask me what else I've been reading lately the answer would be board books. Lots and lots of board books. And I'm sure I'm going out on a limb but my post won't determine whether or not you decide to read Goodnight Moon for the umpteenth time. I mean, certainly we all like saying goodnight to mush but either you read Goodnight Moon or you don't.


Anyway, have a delightful Wednesday prepping for Thanksgiving. I actually have only one thing to prep today. But we are going the mostly non-traditional way as far as food goes and well, there's only 3 of us to feed. That sure takes a lot of stress out of it.

Oh. If you read this post, could you take a minute to say a prayer for Beth and her sweet baby girl? Beth was my very very first blog I ever read with regularity. Her kid's antics got me through grad school and led me to blogging myself. She has just been on my heart and she needs some prayer warriors.

4 comments:

  1. We never read "Goodnight Moon" to our boys, and I hope that doesn't mean they had deprived childhoods (although we did have a copy of "The Runaway Bunny," and isn't that the same author?). But we do read it to our granddaughters, who LOVE it. And they want to hear it over and over. And really, what's with saying goodnight to mush? Your line about that made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thank you for the link to Beth's blog. I am not a follower (mainly because I don't know how to use Bloglovin'), but I recognize her from my journeys about the blogosphere. I didn't know about her situation. I'm glad to have the opportunity to pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It was my first blogger meet too. It was nice to meet you, even though I was rushing to get the kiddos to the Family Museum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for giveaways! And blogger meet-ups!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!