Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Random Opinions of Important News Stories (Not really)

I have to get this off my chest.

I know that J.K. Rowling wrote the books and that they are essentially her characters. But she is wrong. Wrong I tell you.

I can accept that maybe Ron and Hermione might not have made it in real life, but there is no way that Harry and Hermione would have been any better. Harry and Ginny are an excellent match up and it allowed him to really become a Weasley, which is all he wanted the entire series. Oh and I think adult Ron would serve Hermione positively as a "stop taking everything so seriously" kind of guy. Or maybe Hermione would have been great with Krum in the long run. Or someone else not at Hogwarts. But it's not relevant because Harry and Hermoine would NEVER have happened. That would have been disastrous!

Furthermore I think (which of course makes me the foremost expert here) that J.K. is just crazy over thinking the books this many years later and wanted to cause a stir. Because, at the end of the day, she wrote the books. She controlled all of their fates. So just buck up and deal with the ending you created.

Okay, Philip Seymour Hoffman. What a sad thing. Why do people feel the need to do drugs? It's just such a waste of talent and life. This is pretty much why I can't bring myself to watch Breaking Bad. Yes, Walter is going to die, but does he have to take down others with him? Drugs are bad. The end.


The Super Bowl. Here's what you need to know about me: I don't love football. But when I watch football I love it when players make a safety. It's my favorite. So imagine my shock when the Seattle Seahawks made a safety within the first 15 seconds of play and I HADN'T turned on the television yet!!! Bummed is the only thing I can say.

Alright. Thank you for listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!