The "rules" for the award are as follows:
- Use the award image in the post.
- Link to whoever nominated you.
- Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
- Nominate fellow bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere
Alright I've got the first 2 rules followed already. Now 10 things about myself.
1. I loved going to summer camp. I learned life skills and who I was at camp. I really believe camps are a safe space to grow and develop away from home, which is crucial. Not that my home wasn't great, it was! But it was good to get out and explore too. I am not biased either, I loved day and overnight camp from 3 days to 1 month. Loved it. Working as a camp counselor taught me a lot too. Husband hated camp but I am firmly sending C to camp when he's the right age.
2. I don't drink coffee or tea. I think tea tastes like sticks. I like the smell of coffee but I only like it if it's doctored with sugar and chocolate. That kind of coffee is expensive and it's probably been 3 years since I've had any. I try to stay away from caffeine but sugar pop is my weakness. We don't usually buy it but when we go out... I will most likely have a Coke.
3. My earliest memory is of coloring while watching Oprah. Because of this I always liked Oprah. I don't agree with her politics or everything she says or stand for, but I did like her show a lot.
4. I would only ever use paper plates if I had my way. I loathe doing dishes. It's the floating food particles. I don't care if it's bad for the environment or our bank account, the splendor of paper plates beckons me when plating food. I am thinking of giving up paper plate for Lent, it would truly be a sacrifice for me. Which sounds dumb but it's true.
5. I was a terribly messy child but now I get all excited when I clean and the house looks great.
6. I like to cook and bake but Husband likes it more so often I don't have to. I read somewhere that baking banana bread specifically is one of the most stress reducing things you can do and I have claimed that as my own. Husband can bake and cook anything he'd like but banana bread is mine. I guess it's something about the counting and following a recipe plus the scent of bananas. I'm sure you could Google it if you're interested.
7. I read very fast and still to this day hate reading aloud as a group. (Syllabus reading on the first day of class made me want to claw my eyes out.)
8. I very often look up endings to movies (never books though) because if I don't know what is going to happen it stresses me out. I never look up endings to romantic comedies though because I generally know they'll end to my satisfaction. My family hates this about me but I can't help it.
9. I love the Duggar family. I love them. I liked them when they were just a one hour special. I have their books. My brother met Jim Bob once and I am totally jealous. I can name them all in order. I just think they are the nicest people.
10. I eat ribs with a fork and knife. I don't know why.
Okay so with that fun list of stuff you may or may not care about.
I nominate:
Hafsa at The Peace of Christ
Laura at String of Pearls
and anyone else who may stumble upon this and want to play! (Because I am a rule bender!)

These were really fun to read. #9 cracks me up...in order???!! I love them too. I actually LOVE watching that hoarder show. the junk and animal one. I am always amazed that they keep finding more and more people!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I loved camp too as a kid! Also a really fast reader. I hate it when Steve and I are reading the same thing, I'm always done and waiting for him to scroll down the screen.
ReplyDelete