Thursday, February 6, 2014

Theme Thursday: Church Windows

I was going to take a picture of one of my windows this week. Sort of a domestic church, front porch looking in, home is your castle introspective thing. But I didn't. You don't care how my drafty windows help me to be a better person and inspire me in a similar fashion as an actual church. Because the picture would be BORING. And a week like church windows should not include boring pictures even if the sentiment would be nice. 

In the spirit of full disclosure, I must admit that this week I am using old pictures that were taken by others. But I own the rights to these pictures so I am not in violation of anything and they are my favorite church windows. 

These first 3 are from the day of our wedding. At the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis. I would have taken them myself but I was a little busy. 


They're just beautiful and classic and huge. They just speak to my heart and that light shining through certainly made me feel God's presence that day. I don't know that I've ever been to a more beautiful mass. I am totally biased and all because I got to plan it but really, it was the perfect mass.


Ack, I am just sick looking at the beauty. I was going to take a stained glass class once and then realized that they were making stained glass tulips. And I love tulips I do, but when I yearned for this kind of majesty it was kind of a let down. 


So not just a church window but some of the other beauty the Basilica has to offer. 


This is a recent addition to the church window picture collection. Taken by Husband at our friend's wedding mass in September. Some church in one of those Chicago suburbs. Who can keep track over there?! Funny enough it was pouring, it was not a nice day, but you'd never know that by the window. That my friends is Divine Light. Glorious. 

Okay linking up with Cari and I cannot wait to see your awesome windows, and pictures you probably took yourselves for that matter. 


7 comments:

  1. So...those are amazingly beautiful...
    Have a cozy day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the domestic church idea. But I love love love the windows from the parish churches. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top one if my favorite! Although, I think the domestic church idea would have been great too. I guess since you mentioned about it and then posted the church windows, you gave us the best of both worlds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I love how the first two are all dark except for the brilliant light from the windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if you didn't take a picture of your window for the whole "domestic church" idea, I thought that would have been really cool! :) The Basilica windows are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, lovely thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!