Friday, August 22, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Things On My Mind

1. Beyonce and Jay-Z


Are they getting a divorce? Are they on the rocks? Who CARES?! You know when we'll know? When one of them files for divorce. Until then the speculation is pointless and a little insulting to both their marriage and our brain cells. Celebrity gossip is great, I am a fan. But this is just trying to make a story out of nothing. Again, when someone files for divorce report on it all you want but good grief, LET IT GO for now. 

2. Jill (Duggar) and Derick Dillard


I have never been shy about my love for the Duggars. I eagerly anticipate this new season (which I will binge watch at Christmas at my parent's house) and seeing the wedding. I am not surprised or shocked by the latest headlines that Jill is expecting. I am again not surprised but in disagreement with the headlines that read "Why '19 Kids and Counting's' Jill Duggar Dillard Doesn't Mind Getting Pregnant Days After Marriage." 

You'd think she was the first person to ever have a honeymoon baby. Why is it bad for this married couple to get pregnant but Jessica Simpson having 2 kids while engaged is celebrated? Gosh our world is messed up. And seriously news outlet, did you expect different news from the Duggar offspring as they wed? Get real. 

3. Sleep 

I love sleep. And I am getting into that not so fun point where laying in one position for too long is uncomfortable but moving is hard and also uncomfortable. Ah well. Nearly 33 weeks. That's nuts. 

4. IKEA

In related news, my brother and I went to IKEA on Wednesday to procure a dresser for Baby Girl. We went pretty quick after they opened for the day and truly we had a rock star parking spot. Fairly close but not too close and right next to a cart return. 


I will say though, that sometimes Minnesota nice in IKEA is annoying. Like when an entire group of people gets stuck behind a couple of moseying  people with their kids in carts. (I have not yet dared bring C with my to IKEA even though I love going to IKEA but certainly the day is coming.) I don't care that they brought the whole family. I hope they had fun. I do care that a tortoise would have gotten through the section a heck of a lot faster. And that a group was bunching up behind them because we were all being nice and polite and letting them get away with it. 

Ain't nobody got time for that. So the pregnant lady and her brother walked between the entertainment centers and bypassed them all together. My main point here is it is possible to be too nice. Even in Minnesota. 

5. I Discovered Crack 

There is a chocolate shop in my hometown. And they make crack. In this case, crack is orange flavored dark chocolate covered pecans. Here's what you need to know: I LOVE orange flavored chocolate. I am positive I've explained my love for Terry's Chocolate Oranges. 

You also need to know that I don't even like Dark Chocolate. But I love these. I also love pecans. These things are seriously crack. And I couldn't stop eating them. I tried. 

6. Ice Bucket Challenge

This is not about the moral aspects of it. Really. I just don't get why watching someone dump ice water on their head is fun? I was bored when it was still just The Today Show peeps. 

7. August Adventure #2 

This weekend is our mini-vacation and our second August Adventure! Stay tuned for a post on Monday! I promise it'll be a good one! 


Happy Friday Everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree about the Ice Bucket Challenge, and the Duggars, and Jay-Z/Beyonce. Also, the only time I've ever been to an Ikea was while I was living in MN and it was a living nightmare!! Congrats on 33 weeks, that's so great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!