Saturday, August 30, 2014

Kind of a Big Deal

Today is a pretty sweet day.

Ten years ago, at the ripe old age of 17,  I started my first day of college classes.

Then, at 5:30 I was to head to the stage of the theater for the theater scholarship meeting/theater picnic. Which essentially was the big kick off to the year.

This is before Facebook (at least before it came to my college and back in the day you had to wait for them to build it specifically for your school. Don't worry, they figured it out by May.) so I don't have 700 pictures of the day. But I wore my Arts High Football shirt to the picnic. I know that for a fact.

Anyway, I met a lot of really great people at the theater picnic and scholarship meeting. Some of my best friends. And, Husband was there too.

He remembers meeting me. I have NO recollection of him. Which is funny because I remember a lot.

I remember what I wore. What I ate. People I talked to. The after party. Very very specific memories of the after party.


  • Ben, who lived on the 5th floor of my dorm, and I were the only two freshmen to attend. From the picnic we walked back to the dorm, dropped off our Death of a Salesman posters in my room and went to the party together. Side note: He was one of my first really good friends until he sort've dated my roommate for about a week and that was the end of him hanging out with me. He did the Disney college program for sophomore year and never came back. As in, he still works for Disney. Currently on one of the cruise ships. 


Back to the party:


  • Jenny told Daniel that Andrew was going to sing a song about her. 
  • Kathryn, Emily and Katie gave me the play by play on who everyone was. 
  • Jake was snuggling with his fiancee (they broke up not soon after in fact) but I was floored that people I was hanging out with would be getting married. 
  • I got in a long conversation about the play reading list for Players at Dawn and then determined that I had no interest in waking up at 7:00 to go read plays I'd already read. 
  • The one called Mar was drinking wine out of a tall purple cup. And her teeth were stained. I was sitting on a couch and she was sitting on a table behind this couch. In retrospect, it is probable that Husband was in the crowd of people behind the couch I was sitting on. 
Anyhow, the 10 year anniversary of meeting Husband (even if I don't remember it) should be remembered and acknowledged somehow. So I am doing that. Crazy. 10 years! I feel old! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary of meeting your husband even though you don't remember meeting him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are 10 years of being together this fall too, I didn't know you guys had met in college too. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!