Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Not Exciting Days

Sometimes the days run together. Okay, often times the days run together. Didn't I just do laundry? (Probably.) Has it been enough days since the last time we had Macaroni and Cheese? (Probably Not.) But these are the last few days of this normal.

47 days until the estimated due date. And goodness this baby is going to keep us on our toes. Between several different major players in the equation (Husband, my parents, the doula and someone to watch C while my parents are on the way.) there is no one time that would be particularly convenient for baby girl to show up. Like we get a choice. (Okay I know some people do get a choice for valid reason but none of the valid reasons apply to me at this time.)

Funny enough any and all days work for me. But I am not yet at that point where I just want to be "done." Sure I could live without the heartburn. And I wish that my back didn't hurt so much. But for the most part all of this has been pretty doable. We even got some girl specific clothes so... I mean that's pretty good.

It seems so bizarre that there are so few days left of being just a family of three. In some ways I feel completely unprepared, like we should be doing more. But really, I just feel like savoring the opportunity to do nothing specific. To read the books when C wants to read books. To play train table now while I can devote all time to just playing train table. To go grocery shopping and to Target with only one kid in tow.

To go do anything by myself because soon even that is going to be hard for a while.

So yes, the days seem remarkably similar most of the time. But that's just fine with me. I'll take it.


4 comments:

  1. Those days are the best ones. : )
    So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember well those days. Enjoy each of them before baby arrives, possible chaos ensues and your hands (and heart) are full. The non exciting ones here when we are waiting for nothing in particular and doing nothing special are still some of the best days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy these last days! And days with not much to do are my favorite days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a special time! So excited for you all to meet your newest little one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!