Friday, July 10, 2015

7QT: A Major Mishmash

Since everyone is all off at Edel and apparently there isn't even going to be one in 2016?! I am guessing no quick takes this week. But #sorrynotsorry I'm, still going to because this format works for me. Aha. Bonnie is hosting. Cool beans. Hi Bonnie! Thanks! (And congrats!)

one. Have you seen the "controversy?" Apparently, one of the Minion McDonald's toys says a swear. As it happens, we love Minions in this house. And also as it happens, we have set out to collect the toys and have people in 3 different states trying to help. We only have 2 and one of them happen to be "Caveman Minion" the offender.

And I agree with McDonalds. Calm the heck down. First of all, it comes with a script of what they're saying so if one looked at the package insert they'd know perfectly darn well. If anything, I disagreed that Caveman Minion was saying "Para La Bukay" because it sounds way more gibberishy than that. It wasn't until I read the article about the sort of offensive Minion that "hahaha" turned into anything but "hahaha" and even then, it's a stretch. I played it for both Husband and my mom to see if they could tell what it was saying (they hadn't read the article) and neither one of them got it.

Whole lot of fake controversy if I've ever seen it.

two. In related news Minions is now in theaters and we are planning on taking C as his first movie theater experience. But we are also waiting a few weeks and going to the first show of the day kind of thing. I think he'll really dig it.

three. You most likely haven't heard about Patti Lupone grabbing an audience member's phone during her show on Broadway because that isn't the news that you read. But I think it's hilarious. Also you probably didn't hear about the audience member who WALKED ON STAGE to plug his phone in to charge in the set's fake outlet during "Hand to God." Holy moly you guys, I laughed so hard I snorted, then cried a little for humanity that people that dumb can afford to go see a show in New York while it is wholly more impractical for me. (The whole Midwest thing means any $100 ticket also involves a hotel room and airline ticket and other expensive add ons like that.)

four. My kids are currently playing Cat and Mouse around the coffee table. Because C's bowl of dry Cheerios is that much better than the one M has. M is cruising right behind him and getting very angry. It is kind of funny. I'm surprised they're not getting dizzy because they keep going around and around.

five. You know, up above I expressed my shock that there will be no Edel 2016 but I think...I think that's okay. Not that I'm sure a weekend getaway with the blogging elite isn't super but even as much as I think it'd be fun, I really haven't had a great desire to actually go. I think, and this is my true confession here, that Jennifer and Hallie put too many eggs in their baskets and became less relateable. I'm sure their book deals are profitable for them. As is a radio show. Good for them!! But since their blogs have all but died they've become a lot less real to me. Though there are definitely some attendees I'd love to hang out with not going to lie.

six. I am still missing something incredibly important to me. I have been asking St. Anthony for help since Wednesday night now and also a litany of others who may help. Gah. I am heart sick. I fell asleep last night just repeating over and over again "I will find it tomorrow."

seven. This just may be the best song I have ever heard.



I am definitely biased because I still love Hanson and have since 6th grade. And they're basically singing about my childhood. Only from a boy perspective. Since they're obviously missing Polly Pockets (the real ones) and other good girl things like that, but still. Nail on the head with this song. And it's catchy. They're going to be on The Today Show on Tuesday and I'm excited to hear how it sounds live. C has been singing it around the house which is adorable as well.

Okay all. Happy Friday!


4 comments:

  1. So...I adore you. I really do!
    This is a fun, honest, real life post.
    And I agree!
    The whole Happy Meal toy thing... Seriously!
    As for the conference, I am so out of the loop I don't even know what it is...
    But I appreciate your honesty about the bloggers who become so big that they change and become someone different in so many ways. That has happened to a few bloggers I read, and why I in no way begrudge them of their success, I miss the bloggers they used to be. Sorry so long! Have a happy day with your babes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us posted on the latest goings on around the globe. A few of them I was like "what??", but now I am totally informed and feel like I can join the real world. lol. I'm not sure if I'd be really inspired to or could do Edel. I'm feeling a bit, ok a lot, inferior to a lot of them right about now. Thanks for your honesty. I thought it was only me that felt that way a bit and though it was me being woman catty or jealous. Oh well. Right now I'm stinking at the blogging gig and my brain is dried up.
    Happy Weekend! May there be many more cat and mouse cheerios expeditions at your house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the other day that it was ironic that Edel, a blogging conference, was started by Jennifer and she doesn't even blog any more! And I woukd never go because I would feel like the unpopular kid at a party full of the in-crowd...and add to that the fact that I am 45, only have 2 kids, don't raise chickens, and don't homeschool - I'm not sure I would fit in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking the other day that it was ironic that Edel, a blogging conference, was started by Jennifer and she doesn't even blog any more! And I woukd never go because I would feel like the unpopular kid at a party full of the in-crowd...and add to that the fact that I am 45, only have 2 kids, don't raise chickens, and don't homeschool - I'm not sure I would fit in! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!