Hey! I am hosting a virtual book club. It's pretty easy: read the Harry Potter series in July. Answer the questions. Link up! Lot's of fun will be had by all.
It is way not too late to read some Harry Potter Books, since the link-up does not open until Friday July 31. But for those of you who are overachievers and like to write your blog posts in advance here are the questions for the book club. (Or maybe you just like to meditate on the questions while reading.)
- Which was your favorite book to read?
- When I re-read books, generally, a line or two pops out at me that specifically speaks to me and my life at the time. Did any specific line jump out at you this month? (If not, do you have a favorite quote?)
- What surprised you the most while reading?
- There are a great many sorting hat quizzes out there on the interwebs, plus some pretty good descriptions of the houses. Where do you think you would honestly be sorted if you were to attend Hogwarts and what insights to yourself do you gain from that knowledge?
- Which Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher do you think was the most effective? (I do think there is an argument for every single one of the 7.)
- I believe one of the major overarching themes of the series is the love and the power it possesses, what is the best example of this in the series?
- Why do you think the series was and remains so popular?
So there you have it folks. I tried to make the questions slightly vague, so if for instance, you only got through 3 books you could still contribute. Or if maybe you didn't reread all of them in July. That's okay!! I just love HP and am fascinated by other's opinions on the books.
The link up will open next week on July 31, right back here. It will stay open until August 7. Did I mention there will be party favors? Yeah. Awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!