Sunday, July 5, 2015

AMT: The 4th, SPF and other things of interest.

Well it's Sunday again already! Which means 6 more questions at the virtual cocktail party hosted by Kendra. It's a good time, you should probably participate. Unless you don't like to talk about yourself. 



1. How did you celebrate the 4th of July? (Or, for you international types . . . Do anything fun this weekend?)

In pretty darn low-key style. M's new best friend Brynn was born last week and we went to visit as a family so Husband could take newborn pictures for them and C could play with his friends Mason and Owen. 

We had an indoor 'Merica party. Hot dogs, beans, fruit, pasta salad, chips.. all the standards. 


Then because my guy got all bit up yesterday from the many many mosquitoes that apparently are the result of the June Monsoon, we opted to stay in and watch fireworks on TV. But both kids got a glowstick because we're cool like that. 



They were cool to watch regardless. 



2. Do you sunburn easily?

Yes. Pale Polish skin for the win. I do have a meeting with my dermatologist regularly to make sure that I don't have skin cancer. So far I'm good. I like a good SPF 50 these days. 



3. Hot dogs. Yay or nay?


Yay. I like them at ball games and on the grill. I like the Kosher ones and Portillo's. They are a sometimes food for sure but I like 'em. *see our 'Merica party above. I also prefer them with squishy white buns with no nutritional value because the way I see it, go big or go home. 


4. Have you ever personally set off fireworks?


Nope. I did those popper things once but I really don't think those count. 


5. Have you ever jumped off the high dive?


When I was like 12. At a lake beach. Truthfully, I don't even know where a high dive is these days. 


6. Do you do anything weird in your sleep?


I don't think so. I dream but that's not weird. After consulting with Husband he says and I quote, "Not particularly." I do know that I sleep deep and he is in charge of listening for crying babies because there is a very good chance I will sleep through it. 



6 comments:

  1. I envy you the sleeping through babies' crying. The other night I was woken up by the baby across the street! :( (my baby was fine, on a positive note!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have busted out the glow sticks for our indoor firework viewing. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I love the glow sticks! Good idea. And I'm with you on the high dive thing - not even sure where the closest one is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm surprised you can sleep through babies like that...not sure if I'd like that or not...I guess not, since my husband can sleep through anything, and we don't have a dog, so I guess someone needs to wake easily in case of disaster...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 'Merica party! And I'm there with you on squishy white buns, go nutritionless or go home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!