Dearest Baby Girl,
Happy Birthday Honey!! I am so glad that you have been with us in the big world for a whole year, though I can scarcely believe it. It truly seems like just yesterday you finally decided it was your birthday and graciously opted to show up. But you did show up and we are so glad.
Watching you grow into our family has been such a great pleasure. I love being your mommy. You make each of us a better person just by being in our family. Your brother has learned patience, sharing and kindness just from you being you. What a gift you are to us. Especially me. I loved being your favorite person for months, even though we are past that and you are all about your daddy.
I love your chubby cheeks and your bright blue eyes. I am just going to state right here and now that I am so thankful to God and genetics for those baby blues. I would have gotten over my distaste for the song "Brown Eyed Girl" had you, in fact, turned out to by my brown eyed girl. But I am SO glad you're not. From the day you were born and every day since, I have loved to stroke the bridge of your nose and nibble on your ears and I'm just going to keep on until you tell me I can't!
You have such a good sense of rhythm already, it's so crazy. You my girl, are the most observant baby. I have no doubt that you are taking it all in and you remember. You take things so seriously in public, I never know if you're having a good time or not, but you come along for the ride anyhow. Every once in a while, you reward us all with that giant baby smile but that does not mean you want to be held by them!
It's true what they say that every baby is different, because you came with your own learning curve. Except for the gross motor skills thing, just like your brother you wanted to be on the move. Creeping, crawling and walking ahead of the group is just what you like. Watching you run around the house is my favorite. I am pretty sure I could record that 100 times and never get sick of it. It melts my heart that you've already figured out "Run run run run and hug your mother."
You, my little girl, make me so very happy. I love you so much!! Happy birthday little girl, I hope it's a great one. I will try my best to make it happen for you.
Love, Mama (you really could say that more often, I wouldn't mind.)
A year already???!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words for your beautiful baby!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, sweetie!
Happy birthday to a sweet little girl! And what an awesome saint feast day to be born on!
ReplyDelete