Saturday, October 10, 2015

My 53rd 7QT

one. Everything that is good about family time has happened this afternoon. My kids woke up from rest cheerful. Husband came home from the grocery store shortly after and everyone was very happy with this week's food selection. We played outside for 1.5 hours on a PERFECT October day. Had a pizza dinner with cake for dessert because my guy has been talking about cake for days. We are now snuggled into the living room for a family movie night, watching Curious George A Halloween Boofest and having apple slices with popcorn. (We like Curious George and do not agree with Kendra.)


This is perfection. I love my little family. 


two. I thought I had book club Thursday but it isn't until next week. I am not even going to lie to you right now. I didn't care one little tiny bit because I didn't care for the book at all (Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas) and I really needed to see what happened on Scandal after Olivia said "Yes."


That Shonda is so frustrating but I totally get why Olivia and Fitz can't really be together even though I am totally team Fitz! There were a few moments of total girly squees coming from my couch last night.



three. We gave up on Grey's Anatomy last season though I am SLOWLY watching on Netflix. It's just not the show I fell in love with. No Yang was bad. Killing Derek was just bad writing. And we did watch the first season of How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix, but it's just a little too intense to take week from week so we'll wait until we can see it in one fell swoop again. (Or really, in about a week's time.)

four. So we had a funeral this morning. There was a visitation yesterday and Husband attended on behalf of all of us. Which is good because while funerals aren't anyone's favorite activity, they can be beautiful in their own way. But visitations are a circle of Hell I am quite sure. The funeral was maybe one of the better ones I've been to, with the most real homily and eulogy, and one of our friends was the cantor and he has a beautiful voice.

It was my very first funeral procession and it was one of the most terrifying moments of my life. The people in my town clearly forgot the rules of funeral processions from drivers ed and someone almost t-bones the Cadillac directly in front of us. We just decided to NOT drive through the red light and caught up a few minutes later.

five. It's Husband's busiest work week of the year. His major event in on Tuesday and this is the first time I have ever been able to go! I am taking M while C is at school. It should be fun.

six. This is apparently my 53rd 7QT post. Well on this blog. On Snarky's Op-Ed which was my blog home from 2010-2012 I am sure there were many more but I didn't even converge the two blogs up and I don't want to go count. Okay fine, there were 26 over there. Amen.

Also related to link ups... THEME THURSDAY IS BACK. My favorite. I am excited. The end. Amen.

seven.  We had a play date yesterday and it was just the best. Sometimes a play date makes a week end on such a high note!! It was the first play date where M could play with her playmate. (Sort've. Brynn isn't very big yet.)


Okay, linking up with Kelly. To win all the prizes. Or try. 

3 comments:

  1. Love checking in with you, my friend!
    Enjoy these beautiful autumn days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth loves "Boofest"! Sounds like a super fun few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my 8 of my kids LOVE George - including the Boo-fest which is on at least once a day around here. We've been fighting sickness and George has been a total life saver/sanity saver for this tired mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!