Wednesday, November 30, 2016

End of November

Holy Shamoly. Today is the last day of November?! What the what?

So let's take a little journey back to Thanksgiving yeah?

It was good. I made monkey bread as I always do. And that was spectacularly good this year! We watched the parade. Apparently every year I comment how I thought the parade started early, but coverage doesn't begin until 9:00 and the parade doesn't even get there until like 10:00.

She didn't like it at all. 
Anyway. We had a mostly normal stay home day and cooked at normal dinner time. Our food was tasty. Which is what we were going for obviously. We decorated our table so fancy with... a candle.


Our triple layer chocolate mousse cake was really good! 


And at bedtime we all went to sleep. The kids somehow slept until the "Fall" portion of Gilmore. And for a few sleepy minutes C even just sat with us and watched. It was wonderful. A perfect moment. 


The rest of my Friday was spent selling Scentsy. And it was a lot of fun and I had a lot of purchases. So that's always great when that happens! 


The rest of the weekend was a blur of regular weekend fun and spending time as a family. We decorated for Christmas on Saturday. Which gives me heart eye emojis. It's my favorite. 

No one was particularly excited for Monday to arrive. But it did. As it always does. C went to school. Husband went to work. M and I did not go to music class because I just wasn't feeling it and I'm the one who drives the minivan. 

But then on Monday night, something extraordinary happened. My Lauren Graham book downloaded at like, 11:30. Normally, when you preorder anything from Amazon, it doesn't hit until Pacific Time Zone midnight. What's a girl to do? Read. 

That's what. I got a good chunk under my belt, then fell asleep. Then yesterday was busy but I was able to get it mostly read during rest time and finished while the kids played. So so so good. Well, if you like Lauren Graham and Gilmore Girls. If you don't, you probably don't want to read it honestly. 


Today is Wednesday, which is our stay home day! I really love Wednesdays. 

Also in note worthy achievements, we have lit our advent candle every night so far! (Three nights, definitely horn toot worthy!) I am going with the LOW standards this advent so I am pretty impressed. 

And now tomorrow is December which brings all the traditions! I am so thankful it has not snowed yet. I am secretly Scrooging it and hoping/praying that global warming makes it so we have an ultra mild winter with little to no snowfall. I can handle the cold but I am not even a little excited for snow. 







4 comments:

  1. That chocolate mousse cake looks yummy! I love a nice stay at home day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about staying home!
    And I'm also all about that cake!!!!
    Would you care to share the recipe?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That monkey bread and cake looks so freaking good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!