I caught this rare moment where this aisle wasn't packed. But they were ALL packed. The building was a series of rooms and the entire store is longer than a football field. They had so much candy.
And Anna and Elsa were there too.
Rapunzel was also there. There were a lot of characters and details and fun things to do inside. You could spend time just only looking at the space I think.
Outside is the Guinness Book of World Records Largest Puzzle all put together and behind glass. Well, it said it was Guinness Book approved but I just googled it and it seems like it keeps getting beat so I think this maybe was at some point.
Monday we went to visit my Grandpa at his assisted living facility. Then we went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A and to another park. This is a park next to my old elementary school so we went there a lot. (Different from Friday's school park but right next door.) As it happens this is also the park I worked at in summers through college and grad school so it was fun to take the kids.
We, like my childhood friends and I, used to eat picnics on this big rock. On lunch trips to the park, we would fight over who would get to eat on the rock. It was fun for me to take the kids and get their pictures on the rock.
Tuesday we headed back home, but not before we had a pit stop on the way home at the SPAM museum. Which was a ton more fun than I was expecting. And it's free! There was a "time yourself canning SPAM" area. In the time we made one can, the Hormel factory made 343.
We found out how many SPAM cans tall the kids are.
The kids played in this little barn area. It had slides and punching bags, trampolines. It looked like a lot of fun. The kid's area also had a play kitchen and farm area but they were quite crowded and my kids didn't want to go try them.
In the international area, they had information about SPAM around the world. I would love to stop back in when hopefully it wasn't as crowded and maybe with another adult so that maybe we could take turns actually reading some of the material.
They also had "Spamples" and it happens that apparently my kids really liked it. It was their first go around with it.
Luckily, after we left, we had an uneventful remainder of the drive and arrived safely home.













What a fun trip!! What a great way to end summer!
ReplyDelete