Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Excited

Yesterday C brought this home from his first day of school. 


Last night I felt... "exited that I sang." 

Which means "so excited that I sang." 

And he wasn't kidding. Sunday night we had to go back into his room to tell him to go to sleep because he was singing too loudly. 

But nevermind that. He wrote a pretty decent sentence. (Passing over the fact the kid refuses to write lowercase "d"s which is his teacher's problem now, the missing conjunction and letter "c".) Apparently, most kids just wrote one word so I am personally excited that he pushed himself. 

And check out that drawing. It's not scribbled. And his room isn't set up like this anymore, his bed is turned like how it is in the drawing. But this gives you an idea anyhow. 


But he added the colors of his walls, himself, walrus (of course) and even some of the cars from his sheets. Plus music notes.

I totally get that this may not seem exciting to you on any level. But last school year C was very much a "do the bare minimum" kid. And I know it's only day one but I am pretty psyched this first-day art was above and beyond that. 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome and super detailed drawing! I hope he has a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!