I am all for experiencing life and trying things, truly. But some of the things the kids were doing was causing damage to the equipment. Like the egg conveyor belt. You move the eggs from the chicken coop into the grocery store.
But someone had shoved a chick stuffed animal, a wooden cupcake and wooden slice of cake in there and so the eggs couldn't go in. Luckily C and I were able to un-wedge them to get it working again. There's a similar activity with the fake corn going into the processing area. And there was a family that got some of the cans from the store jammed up there and the mom was just sitting there watching.
Again, I am all for experimental play but sometimes you actually have to parent. I for sure told a little girl she couldn't put a potato down the egg belt a few minutes after we got it un-stuck. I said, "Oh, you don't want to do that, it will get stuck." And she said "Okay!" and went to get eggs. No harm or trauma.
We also went into the maker space and the kids made these:
So that was kind of fun too! Today M and I took a friend of hers to the botanical center for one of their preschool classes. They learned about dirt.
We colored!
Read a story about dirt.
We went outside to collect dirt.
That we turned into paint, which was very messy but a surprising amount of fun.
Then we got cleaned up and made dirt cups. There was even "mud." (Chocolate milk to go with it.)
Of course, when class was over we had to feed the fish because that is the best part of a visit if you're my kids.
And we took pictures by the pink and purple flowers for my girl who loves pink and purple.
And today is National Left Hander's day so C and I will do something fun to celebrate that this afternoon. It's a special day after all!
So that's the fun we've been up to this week so far.











Sounds like you guys are still making lots of great summer memories! And oh be still my heart - the pink and purple. Sarah was just commenting the other day about how she can't believe she ever had a pink and purple phase! HA! I reminded her it was less a phase and more of an obession. :)
ReplyDelete