Like games. We are a board game family anyway so this has been a nice time to play with each other extra. M and I had quite the Guess Who? battle. She's quite good at it.
Husband and I also have been playing games in the evening after the kids go to sleep. Keeping our brains sharp and our communication solid. It's quite easy to not talk a lot if you're watching a show.
Twinning with my girl, mostly an unplanned event. I braided her hair at night after her shower since we didn't have time to dry it. I then opted to do the same for mine because I was tired.
I was wearing my VBS shirt all day. M changed into hers for her walk with Husband. But nevertheless, for about an hour, we twinned. There's a VERY small window where she will think this is fun so I am just going to embrace it.
My parents sent the kids spreaders. My dad swears by using a spreader over a knife for peanut butter. And admittedly, when the kids make PB&J they do tend to hack the bread up a bit. So it's a handy little tool that makes the day to day stuff more exciting.
This kid got to do his Spanish video lesson. And then found his favorite video from kindergarten Spanish. He laughed and laughed and watched it several times. I took a quick picture and texted it to his teacher. She remembered how much he loved it well!
Our daffodils have bloomed. March came in with one day like a lamb. Then a lot of gross with one nice day sprinkled in here and there. And it went out, cold but sunny? Is that lion-y or lamb-y? It's still lovely to have a sure sign of Spring!
We have been keeping busy with all sorts of extra activities including Perler beads. There's something so satisfying melting plastic beads with an iron into fun shapes. Plus it feels very zen as you are creating.
I made my first ever cheesecake yesterday. We haven't tried it yet but it looks okay. It didn't crack at least. There are some brown dots on the top but I can live with that. I will try and do better next time. And I guess we will see if it taste good later.
Yesterday C also had his first zoom with his class. They aren't doing anything educational in their meetings. Just 20 minutes of being social with each other. I was kicked out of the area as Husband supervised. Apparently, there was chaos, and then order as the teacher called on each kid to share, and then more chaos. But I think they all adored having that little bit of face to face time with each other.
And so it's another day. It's April Fool's Day but since it feels just exactly the same as yesterday no tricks are needed. Have a great Wednesday everyone!






At least we have technology, right? My daughters played an online game of "Mafia" with their friends last night, guessing who was the spy. They were laughing a lot, and seemed to enjoy it. There are parts to this whole staying at home thing that I love, being with the kids so much and going on walks, but I have four older kids who are in healthcare (one an R.N. at Stanford, one a N.P. in gen. practice, training to work in the ER when things here get worse, one works on a Covid care floor in a big hospital, and one in outpatient oncology. I pray so much for them, not only that they stay safe and healthy, but that they aren't too traumatized by what they see and experience. It is a trying time, for sure.
ReplyDeleteDella
My kids used to live Guess Who! I'm glad you are looking for the positives in all of this. I'm trying to as well but some days it's hard to do. :)
ReplyDelete