Somehow, last night at the dinner table, we found ourselves in a full family discussion about old-school social media after our lovely children declared that Facebook is for “old people.” Well, kids, we were around when it was still The Facebook and when you needed a college email just to join. Plus, it was only for people at your specific school.
To ensure our children are well-rounded and knowledgeable, we even demonstrated what “poking” someone meant.“What, so you just got into poke wars all the time?”
“Yes, my child. That is exactly what they were called.”
Then we took a stroll through the time capsules that are our timelines. 2005 was a wild time, and clearly at some point we both decided (wisely) to purge most evidence of our tomfoolery.
So, Happy Birthday to my favorite person to teach a history lesson with. I may not always agree with your television choices, and Lord knows I can’t handle the melancholy caterwauling music in the mornings (truly)… but I wouldn’t trade a single one of those quirks for anything.
You make the ordinary moments feel like the good old days in real time. You keep us laughing, and there is no one I’d rather occasionally question life choices with.
He's my favorite throwback, the one I’ll always be glad I “friended” for life.
I both love you and like you Husband!
**Throwback picture for vibes' sake**

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!