On Sunday, C's show came to a close. It's been a crazy, wild ride.
From his audition on a day that was so cold that we didn't have school to the final strike and cast meal at a Mexican restaurant nearby, it was such a wonderful experience for my guy.
I am going to miss it.
Miss B gave him the confidence to trust his voice. She helped him increase his breath control so that he could sing well sitting down. (He never once sang while standing... only sitting in a bed or a wheelchair.)
So yes, 100% C put the work in. But he couldn't have done it without this lady's help and encouragement.
All told, C had a ton of people come out to the show and support him. We kept track, and there were 70 tickets sold to people who came to see him specifically.
C is going through his "post-show depression" right now. And I totally get it. I have my own feelings to process through this show ending.
Watching your kid on stage is something entirely magical. C is quite good for his limited experience. He invited many of his teachers, and nearly every single one came. But other than his choir teacher, I think all of them were a little blown away. C on stage is so wildly different from C in the classroom.
His Spanish teacher truly could not. She said, "He just hides all that talent, doesn't he?" Which is silly because he has been in all the school musicals. Also, most of the teachers were surprised that it wasn't a musical with an entire cast of kids. C is good on stage, less so about marketing himself.
I am so proud of him for all of his hard work. I pray that he can continue to be on stage and find other perfect roles.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!