Popping in on Wednesday to wish you all a Happy Holy Week.
Today is my friend's dad's funeral. It's at neighboring church A. As it happens, I was in the process of scheduling a meeting with that church and neighboring church B, and it was meant to be this morning at Church B.
Once the funeral was scheduled, we moved the meeting to church A to directly follow the funeral. So two birds, one stone, and a bright spot after sadness. That's how the Lord works, surely.
Here are some things that made me laugh this week:
Some book humor for you. I have been back into reading a lot this year, and it has brought me a lot of peace. I think it's a sign of wellness for me: if I am not reading or have a desire to read, I need to take a good, hard look at myself.
We've also been preparing for M's BizTown Mayoral election:
And as we prepare for the Triduum, I am holding true to what I said last year, and I am fully jumping ship on my own parish.
Though we will be back for Easter Sunday.
See you on the other side!





Good luck to your daughter - a born politician if she's already learned to look for potential blocks of votes! My daughter told once that in high school, the marching band could pull together to get some less likely people voted in for homecoming queen and the like due to their willingness to vote together. ( Much to the surprise of some popular kids.)
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed holy Week!