Here are her questions for the week! With my answers.
1. Any big plans for the summer?
NOPE! And I like it. I mean, we have swim lessons for both kids. Also we have a summer bucket list of family activities most of which are pretty easy to accomplish. But really it's just kind of same old same old and that is great!
2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Well, my dad told me that it was a state law that children couldn't ride their bikes in the street. That belief took me a good amount of years before I got over it.
3. What is your favorite amusement park ride? (can be a specific one at a specific park or just a type of ride)
There was a time, not so long ago, when I would have immediately said Pirates of the Caribbean. Then they went and added Johnny Depp's creepy self into it and while I still love the ride and it's probably my favorite still it gives me pause.
I will never ever get over the hype for Soarin'. I remember when it opened and there was a special "how we made the ride" on the Disney channel. When I finally got the chance to ride years later Husband and I bolted right to it first thing in the morning so the line wouldn't be too too long. When we were boarding the ride the woman right next to me had a panic attack because she thought it was too intense and we had to wait for her to unbuckle and leave the room. Then to be lifted up with my feet dangling to be jiggled about while watching a movie and having pine scent wafted into my face? Lame.
Let's recap:
Favorite: Pirates of the Caribbean
Not-Favorite: Soarin'
4. What's on your summer reading list?
So many things. Yesterday I read two Andrew Clements books and I'm going to read two more today. I am also currently reading Orphan Train and The Boys in the Boat. Then the list goes on from there. Stay tuned to my WWRW post for July.
Also... since it's almost July it will be time for my annual Harry Potter read. I read them every July in order. Because it's Harry's birthday month and I wanna. We are currently in our second go around of reading Sorcerer's Stone aloud to the kids. (Well it's M's first go.)
5. Have you ever fallen asleep in public?
Not really. Except when I came back from my Ireland study abroad trip. Our plane from Galway was late getting into Chicago and I was the only one from the group getting on another flight. (Some were Chicagoland people and others were taking a bus back to our University campus.) So I was panicking and dying because luggage was going so so slow to come out. I finally saw my bag but the belt stopped so I jumped up on the carousel to grab it and hit my head on a TV monitor with an audible thunk. (And pretty much my entire flight gasped, I kid you not.) I said a quick goodbye to my people and ran to check in just in time.
Then my flight was delayed as seems to happen often at O'Hare. By a lot. Like a lot, a lot. Ridiculous amounts of hours. And I was fading fast. I remember getting on the plane to MSP. I remember NOTHING else until my Asian seatmate woke me up real hard with a flight attendant there because we were the LAST people on the plane in MSP.
If that counts as public, then yes.
6. What is your favorite smell?
Downy April Fresh.




July is Harry Potter month. I like that! Maybe I'll read Harry Potty in July. Nice, light and fun...perfect for July.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny because I read the Harry Potter series for the first time last July! I definitely need a re-read.
ReplyDeleteHahaha your recap of Soarin'! So right on. Although if I went on it these days, I'm sure it'd make me sick... There was one like that called "Europe in the Air" that I went on a couple years ago at Busch Gardens and yeah, almost threw up afterwards... Too old for this stuff!
ReplyDelete