Every single month I say that I'm not going to wax poetic on how fast it's all going but this month, forget it. I am having a hard time buying that it has really been 8 months, but then there's the proof. The calendar actually says June and it's all moving at warp speed. She's practically graduating high school.
I have long had this theory that second and subsequent babies talk faster because they have another kid to try and converse with. Either that's true or the whole girls talk faster than boys thing is (or both) because she babbles WAY more at this age than C did. No actual words yet but she is very vocally expressive. (Well she can mimic "Hi" very well but not unprompted.)
She is cruising! Getting up and down is no problem. She can get along furniture and is really getting the hang of the little walker. I was really hoping that she would be content to crawl for a long time but I think we're due for our second early walker. Husband swears she stood by herself for a moment the other day but I didn't see it so I am going to choose not to believe it just yet. She does try to stand up without pulling herself up already. She is not successful at all but she does try.
She love loves loves to eat. She knows when it's getting close to dinner time especially and starts to get grumpy that she isn't being fed already. She got over her distaste for bananas so that's good. She still nurses quite a bit in addition to her table food. But with all her activity I think she has actually slimmed out quite a bit.
She loves her brother and they've started playing together more. Well, parallel play mostly but M will also climb on him and C will let her. They say "goodnight" and "good morning" to each other before and after each rest time and C likes to give her kisses.
We set up our little ball pit with a tunnel for C's birthday party and she thinks it's hers. She loves loves loves it. She likes reading books and chewing but she still has no teeth. Which I think is just the cutest so I am hoping that sticks for a while longer yet.
She is officially taking a nap in her crib in the morning though I write that tentatively. She's on a 3 day streak. She's in 9 month clothes, size 3 diapers and her shoes are still way too big. To me it looks like her hair is really starting to grow now but she still looks mostly bald, especially in pictures. She loves to dance with C and I and she has a few new jams. Especially the Sofia the First theme song and The Hot Dog Dance song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. (When they come on Pandora it's the absolute cutest.)
She's 8 months old. We will celebrate by reading some of her favorite stories, playing and napping. Which is not dissimilar to any other day but those are the best kind anyway!
I agree...toothless gribs are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI agree...toothless gribs are so cute!
ReplyDelete