Last Friday we went as a family to pick strawberries. It was the perfect day! The weather has been super hot, super rainy and super humid when it isn't raining. (Which hasn't been much, seriously, I'm pretty sure we moved to Seattle without any of the cool city stuff Seattle brings to the table.)
Anyway, on Friday it had rained, so things we a little damp, but it was overcast and a lovely 68 degrees. Plus because of the hot and humid and rain the strawberries were abundant. Last year was kind of a crap year for strawberries but this year was amazing. We picked 20 lbs of strawberries in a little over an hour.
Last year we picked for almost 2 hours and didn't even get half that much. Plus it was hot, muggy and buggy. Total win this year.
His most favorite fruit and he had a great time!! Though with the wind that came right behind the rain my biggest takeaway was how badly my boy needed a haircut. I had been meaning to anyway but he got one the next morning pronto!
Little M spent most of the time being worn but I did let her get down for a while. She picked more straw from between the rows than anything but she did pick one strawberry. She was given the opportunity to eat her strawberry, plus some more of the haul. She liked them. A lot.
We made ice cream topping, we froze a whole bunch for when they're not in season, and we ate a bunch too. So delightful. There really is something so perfect about super fresh, ripe strawberries. It makes the ones in the grocery store seem like a crime.
I love spending time with my little family making memories and doing fun things!


How fun! Sounds perfect and strawberry yummy. They are my favorite fruit! I haven't heard of any picking here yet, but hopefully soon. I pray for the perfect picking weather because the mosquitoes have been horrible this year so far. :(
ReplyDeleteMuch fun!!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, fresh strawberries are the best!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Fun memories, indeed! :)
ReplyDelete