Sunday, June 21, 2015

AMT: All About Dads

Just in case you didn't know it was Father's Day, it is. And so here is my obligatory (though I want to) post! A Little Answer Me This party with Kendra

1. What's the best thing about your dad?
My dad is one of my favorite people in the world. He is always there to listen to me and he always has some sort of sage advice. Plus he is an awesome Grandpa. 




2. If you've got kids, what's the best thing about THEIR dad?



My husband delights in his children. Not always when M is screaming in her crazy high pitch tone at 4:00 AM but 99% of the time he delights in his children. He does not go through the motions even a little. 

3. What's the best advice your dad ever gave you?


"Calm Down." 90% of the time my crisis' aren't nearly as dramatic as I'm making them and somehow, when my dad tells me to calm down, I can. It's like magic. 

4. What's something you have in common with your dad? 


Oh so many things. We like to talk about the weather and what we are going to have for dinner. We both hate bright lights when we watch shows. We have very similar senses of humor. (Smart comedy over absurd.) I definitely got his sense of direction, if I've been there once, I can probably get there again. We both also like to draw diagrams and lists. 

5. What's the manliest thing you know how to do?


Order Steak. Rare. No frilly meat ordering. 

6. Who is your favorite fictional dad?


This is a bizarre question and I have been thinking about it all week. But I settled on Ox Callaghan from While You Were Sleeping. 

To the guy in Mass: "Who made you The Pope?" 

After Mary thanked him for the pierced earrings instead of clip-ons: "Don't look at me, if it were up to me I would've gotten you a Barbie." 



OR Mike Baxter from Last Man Standing. He is so so much like my dad except for the whole vlog part. Or the hunting part. I'm not sure my dad wouldn't go hunting, just that he doesn't. (I know he has.) 



Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Dad from While You Were Sleeping. He is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!