Friday, June 12, 2015

7 Randoms for Friday


one. When last we met, I was having a pretty great Monday. I took the kids to the museum. Which was pretty epic in and of itself because it was the first time I have taken the kids to a not doctor's appointment/school drop off go out in public public by myself. Well, technically, the entire trip to Minnesota was by myself and we did things there but this was the first time on my home turf. What can I say? M is cute but kind of needy and C is also cute but can be a go getter and those two things mixed with parking lots and crowds don't bode well. 

But the museum DID go well. Really. There were a few minutes when I was certain I was crazy. But we managed and I'm pretty sure my kids were happy:


two. It went so well, we decided to do it again. That night. Different outfit but same day. We went back with Husband. Going at night is the best because no one is there. Really. It was our family of four. A mom and 4 kids. And a dad and 2 kids. We closed down the museum! Super fun. There's a new exhibit opening tomorrow evening so I'm guessing next week's evening would be slightly more crowded but we will check it out anyway!

I swear we do more than play the train table when we go, it's just the only exhibit that doesn't involve me actively participating all the time allowing me a moment to take a picture. 

three. Being 3 is HARD work. I am totally just noticing now that every single picture in this post involves my boy and a train table. Anyhow...he fought the nap and the nap won. Hilarious. 


four. In completely unrelated to my children news, Orange is the New Black Season 3 was supposed to be released today (Friday) but was released a little early. (Thursday) It is NOT for the faint of heart but it really does somehow make you feel all the feels. We only watched one episode but that's okay. I like to take my time with them as opposed to my normal binge. It's just too intense for one sitting.

five. Back to talking about my children, M is blowing me away lately. She wants so so badly to  be a big kid. 

We brought up the walker from the basement and she first off loves the buttons and such on the front. But has also figured out how to walk around. She is slow right now and does tip over occasionally which can be a crisis, so no pictures of her yet. She is ever so proud and loves it. Give her a week. I can't take it. Walking just seems so big! So much for my kid who wanted to sit on a blanket. Also, she can wave on demand now. I say on demand because that's kinda what it sounds like in a high pitched mom voice. "Hi honey! Can you wave? Wave to mommy! Yay!! Good job!" 

six. The last few books we've read for book club have been "meh" for me. I don't know. I need to get back to reading and I need to read some really good stuff. Who's got a list of books they LOVED that would work for a broad audience? 

seven. In case you were at all interested in how potty training is going? You're cute. I wish it were going. But tomorrow is another day and I'm going to keep trying! 

I hope you all have a delightful weekend doing whatever it is you like doing on weekends. Head on over to Kelly's for probably a lot more interesting things from lots of other people. 




1 comment:

  1. A great book with large appeal is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

    Good luck with the potty training.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!