Monday, June 8, 2015

A Post With No Pictures.

It was all in all a really good weekend. The kind of weekend where good things keep on happening and you look around wondering if this is real life. The kind of weekend that will luckily live on in memory because we were having way too much fun to stop and take a picture.

Backyard splash pad. Family movie night.

Swim lessons. The first family grocery trip ever. Picnic lunch at the park watching the ducks, geese, turtle and mermaids. (Painted mermaid figures.) Everyone took a nap. American Pharaoh won the Triple Crown!!! Made only more fabulous by the fact that M picked that as "her" horse at Kentucky Derby. An incredibly incredibly impromptu late night date night.

More naps. Family time. Kelli O'Hara finally winning a Tony Award. (Not a big award show fan but it wasn't bad this year!)

A hugely fun weekend filled with giggles and snuggles. Love it.

Today has started out okay as well. I took the kids to the children's museum and then we played outside in the backyard getting messy and sticky with a chocolate push up. After baths all around we had a lunch and now we're closing in on nap time.

We're on fire and there's no stopping us! I can't wait to see what the next few days will bring.

6 comments:

  1. You go girl! ;) Sounds like a really fun weekend. I loved watching the Belmont, that was awesome! It felt neat to watch a part of history. Secretariat is one of my all time favorite films. I even saw that Penny was sitting near the trainer that won. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...sorry for the error...The Belmont Stakes! Yikes, you would think if it was that memorable and history making, I would get the name of the race right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend and a really great start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you!!!!!
    I love those times. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weekends like that are such a gift to the vocation of motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend! That's perfect motherly *bliss* right there. I hope your week goes just as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!