Today I am linking with with the Theme Thursday over at Clan Donaldson because Cari rocks and has fisher cats. Well okay, mostly I'm linking up because I always link up and especially since I love the topic of Dad this week, but fisher cats are right up there.
But on to the theme. I am so lucky. I have an amazing dad.
![]() |
| At my wedding. Obviously. Did I just caption that as if you couldn't tell? |
I didn't always appreciate him the way I should have. I once made him an award that said World's Meanest Dad. But then I got guilty and added "And Musical." He still has it. And he references it all the time.
I have so many good memories with my dad. I can't even begin to express how wonderful he is. One of my favorite memories include watching telenovelas on mute while he did the voices. Somehow they were always fighting and crying about lasagna. But oh I am giggling to myself just thinking about it. I just love him!
He is so amazing I named my baby after him. Because there's no one in the world I would rather him be named after!! My dad is just that awesome. I mean I know everyone says they have the best dad, and I know that most everyone has the dad that is the best for them. (And I am sad for you if you didn't.) But really, my dad... he's... one of a kind.
This is my current favorite picture of my dad. Because he's smiling. So of course he hates it. He has perfected the closed mouth smile with raised eyebrows. In fact that is his go to look. But here is a picture of my baby, and his grandpa. My dad. Gosh I am lucky.
Happy Father's Day!
And I think you should link up your awesome dad! I would love to hear about him and why he's so great.




I am absolutely loving all these homages to fatherhood this week.
ReplyDeleteYour dad's lasagana-themed dubbing sounds hilarious.
Your dad has a great smile!! Tell him often and all the bloggers think so too! That should count!
ReplyDeleteI love that he kept the worlds meanest dad award, says so much about his ability to appreciate the hard times. Love this tribute!
ReplyDeleteHe smiles as he hold his baby's baby - precious!
ReplyDeleteWait - did something come after the "World's Meanest Dad" award? LOL - I'm still laughing! It was so nice of you to add 'musical'. :-D Thanks for sharing your wonderful dad today!
ReplyDeleteIt is so great to hear about all these awesome dads. Loving the caption on the wedding pic too!
ReplyDelete