Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ode to a Diaper Bag

You probably read Grace's blog right? Who doesn't read that hilarious bit of wonderful?

So you probably already know that she has an amazing giveaway right now. A Lily Jade Diaper Bag. But not just either of their diaper bags. The Madeline Bag. In red.



Just to be clear for a minute, my name is Madeline and red is already my color. It is the color of my kitchen. It is the color I picked for C. It is the color of the diaper bag we already have. I'll be honest with you and tell you that my L.L. Bean Bag is getting the job done. Apparently they don't have red anymore which means I would definitely not buy it again but since L.L. Bean stuff lasts forever it doesn't matter one bit.

It's just that it looks like a diaper bag. Which is great and fine by me when C was a baby. In his infant car seat (also red, he coordinated with his diaper bag) and when it was so easy to go places with him. But now, C is a toddler. He hasn't been in a carrier car seat in a long while now. He's grown up. 

Unfortunately, our diaper bag hasn't. I cannot tell you the amount of covet I have for the Lily Jade Madeline diaper bag in red. But it is extreme. 

I've never been much of a purse girl to be honest. The thing about schooling for 18 years in a row meant I had a backpack 90% of the time to put stuff in. And in the summer, I worked at camp which was another great option for a backpack. As I have transitioned to true adulthood however (read: no longer take a backpack with me everywhere) I have basically just switched to the diaper bag. 

And that was fine. I guess. Then I saw the Lily Jade bag and I fell in deep, hardcore love. It's real leather. (Grown Up.) Mature. Stylish and I could really use some stylish in my life. But best of all, it has this amazing insert that converts it from a diaper bag into a purse in a moment. So I can take the youngster to the museum and playdates with his stuff in tow but later when it's time for book club... it will no longer be jammed packed with fruit snacks, wipes and cars. (I carry diapers too I do, but I have like 4 different kinds of wipes and a whole lotta fruit snacks.) Oh. And it can be a backpack if I want it to be. As a long time backpack user I can safely say that this bag is magic. 

This is not a post like Cari's boots. I certainly do not expect that anything will come from this post. I just needed to put it out there. Get my feelings out on paper you know? Or typed into the blog but whatever. 

I entered the giveaway every.single.way I knew how including dusting off the Facebook account I don't really use to like Camp Patton. Which seriously goes against all of my own policies on Facebook as I haven't liked anything in years. Literal years. Since they were links in paragraph form on your profile. 

There isn't another entry for writing a post all about how much I want the diaper bag. But I'm putting it out to the universe that this Madeline wants THAT Madeline very badly. 







7 comments:

  1. If I could enter on your behalf I would. I want YOU to win that bag. And no, I haven't entered at all...I was kind of like "what the what...$335 for a diaper bag, does it change the kid's diaper too?"...but you have made some good points here. I won't enter...that means, one less entry to compete against you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know. It's the same reason I don't have a Burberry or Kate Spade purse. The only way I would get one is by winning it that's for darn sure. I can think of many other uses for $300!

      Delete
    2. I still hope you win though, that would be a really cool story. I mean, it is named after you and everything, right? :) And I stand corrected, I saw that it is on sale for $260. Marginally better. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooohhhh....I like. But being that I'm at that pace of trying to get rid of my diaper bag, I won't enter and give you any competition :) I hope you win! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I win, it's yours! (But if you ever win a Honda Odyssey, I expect complete payback...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you win!! I only entered like 2 of the entries..so that's less competition for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!