1. An Event of Monumental Proportions
We went out to dinner last night. As a family. And it went well. I generally have the philosophy to not bring C with us to restaurants. In fact in the rest of 2014 he has been to Chic-Fil-A once and Chuck E. Cheese once. Neither of those places would be considered fancy or not kid friendly. But we went to Outback Steakhouse and the stars aligned and he did great! We had to remind him about inside voices a few times but it wasn't too bad. And my food was great. So... that's awesome. Oh and we didn't even have to break out the big guns. (The Kindle Fire)
![]() |
| And my Bloomin' Onion was delicious in case you were curious. |
2. C is a hoot!
I love the video monitor. It is absolutely a "nice to have" not a "need to have" but I love it.
This is how C was sleeping when we went upstairs yesterday.
![]() |
| His leg is flopped over his walrus and sticking out. |
And this is how C was found this morning during wake up.
![]() |
| And his walrus is in his own crib. Or the laundry basket. Same thing really. |
We aren't really sure how he managed to get his laundry basket into the crib with him. But it is hilarious.
3. Counting.
This week has been dedicated to numbers, number recognition and counting. I can safely tell you I didn't start this. Even at it's most basic level math makes my head hurt. Numbers are too close for comfort there. But I do like hearing him count. It is the cutest darn thing.
"1, 2, 3, (we fill in 4 or 5 because he is stubborn and skips them) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!"
His favorite trick is that 6 is 9 flipped upside down. If the number is in a book, he will walk around the table so it changes direction and say "6" "9" and his bath tub numbers are equally exciting for that trick.
4. The big boy bed is in C's room.
Obviously he is not sleeping in it yet. But we are working on getting familiar with it and every night he gets 5 minutes to try his big boy bed. (He almost made it on Tuesday.) We figure if he falls asleep--great. If not, we move him to his crib and life is good. I am really not in a hurry to give up baby jail sooner than I have to. Our goal is August. Which should be enough transition time before the crib isn't his anymore.
5. It's very nearly strawberry season.
Strawberries are a family favorite. We have plans to go pick our own but our farm isn't going to be ready this weekend. Husband has a business trip mid-next week and I have no interest in going alone with a toddler so... hoepfully there's still plenty by next weekend.
6. The weather was perfect yesterday.
76 and sunny. I had the windows open and it was delightful. Along with my tasty dinner it really was the most perfect day. It's going to be warmer today at 82 but I am still going to keep the AC off with windows open. We are in that really exciting 4 days where's there's no humidity so I'm going to drink it in!
![]() |
| It was that kind of day. Only I didn't have to go to school. Potato Potato. |
7. Orange is the New Black Season 2 is available now!
Um... Season 1 was intense. But I am kind of really interested in what's going on so I may slowly wade into season 2. I will not be watching all 13 episodes by Monday.
Have a great weekend. Link up with Jen.




I love boring too. Boring is good. : )
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking it is almost time for strawberry season too.
Cannot. Wait. : )
Have a cozy summer day, my friend! : )
When Peter and Sarah were tiny we always took them to restaurants...but usually only at lunch and only to very casual restaurants where there were other kids. I always felt like if they had practice/experience eating out then they would know how they are expected to behave early on. But, you also have to be prepared to leave if they aren't cooperating. I remember once when they were 2 and 3 1/2 we went out to eat and they were being very loud. They would not change their behavior so we had to ask for our order to go. But that was the only time we had to leave a restaurant. Now at 10 and 11, they still love eating out and are very well behaved!
ReplyDeleteAnd now, I'm craving a Blooming Onion!
I love your blog! Who else could combine a Blooming Onion, a stuffed walrus, strawberries, and a Ferris Bueller quote into one coherent blog post? Only you my friend, only you!!! So awesome.
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously…is not the line from that movie "Bueller, Bueller, Bueller…Bueller" classic? Yes, it is now running through my head. I hope you have a great weekend!