She had to start with a hard one. Here I was so excited to have Theme Thursday back. My favorite party on the interwebs and she picks sports. I am only 27 so maybe I'm not in my late late enough twenties to enjoy sports. Last time I was pregnant I was convinced we would get a little athlete. Because I was a theater/ mass comm major and Husband was a theater/graphic design major and neither of us love sports.
![]() |
| I wish I found God or happiness or anything but hatred in running. Alas. |
Which sport he'll choose is left to be seen. Probably soccer or basketball. Because I hate the squeaky shoes of basketball. And soccer. Oh soccer. There is no such thing as a good soccer season in the Midwest. That is because it is nice out for approximately 3 weeks out of the year. So for the rest of the season it is either rainy, wet and muddy for spring soccer. Hot, muggy and buggy for summer soccer. Or icy, cold tundra fall soccer. Of course there's indoor arena soccer in the winter which would be fine but no one just plays indoor arena soccer.
And I just don't get The World Cup. These giant fields and a tiny ball that still can't seem to make it into that big goal. Then if two players on the giant field happen to bump shoulders into each other they fall to the ground, grabbing their leg and writhe in agony. The leg will probably need to be amputated. Perhaps they are actually going to die where they lay. All justincase the other person will get a red card from their near death experience. When that doesn't happen they then miraculously pop back up after being sprayed with a magical can of air. Seems like a lot of hullabaloo to me.
I can hear you all in your own homes begging me to get on with it. "Let's see your picture Madeline." I know. I'm sorry. I just had to establish that sports were not my thing so that the apparent lack of sporty pictures would be justified. Even though basketball and soccer are low on my list of favorites we have a soccer goal and a few balls and Christopher was the proud recipient of his very own Little Tikes Basketball hoop for his birthday. He likes it. Slam dunking is great!
| See? I can prove it. |
My second picture is of his FAVORITE sport. Endurance swinging. He is a champion of swinging.
This is maybe one of my favorite pictures ever because it's my son, Christopher Peter and my brother Peter Christopher. Peter is C's Godfather and all around one of my favorite people. It is also his birthday this weekend! Plus they're twinsies. (Not planned.) Pretty awesome.
So anyway, sports. There you have it. Linking up, of course, with Theme Thursday over at Clan Donaldson because everyone should on Thursdays. Plus it's summer--there will never be better light to practice with! And if your kids mention the B word have them go out to capture the word of the week in photograph form, I'd like to see that too!
Next week's Theme is swim. Nevermind that's also a sport *ahem.* I kid because we love swimming over here and I am excited for an easy theme! Actually the themes through July are fairly easy to pull off. I look forward to seeing your pictures. Have a wonderful rest of your Thursday!


LOVE that meme you found up there! I'm with you on the "we're not sports people" thing! Guess I didn't look ahead to next week, because I put up a "swimming" picture for sports this week. Oh well, I guess I'll be redundant next week :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha we are total sports people here, and I can guarantee Annamarie will be too, just based on her personality. But. I seriously laughed about the soccer thing. My husband always comments on how everyone seems to die of pain in soccer when they trip and fall. I mean really. Watch hockey or heck, boys lacrosse, and that is some real pain! It makes the soccer boys look like real wimps. So it's just funny to read you write that because we whole-heartedly agree with that.
ReplyDeleteOh I would LOVE for him to play hockey but it isn't like Minnesota here, there's only one rink and very little practice time so I'm not sure it will happen.
DeleteNot sports-y.
ReplyDeleteNot one bit.
Sorry not sorry. : )
I figure all the reading and movie watching is exercise enough. For my mind. ; )
Soccer season here in PA is the same as yours, I think.
We either have rain or scorching heat in the summer or rain and windy cold in the fall.
I sit in the car and watch.
See what an awesome soccer mom I am? : )
I don't get soccer either! Luckily my kids have never asked to play it. I love baseball and both kids played tee-ball when they were little. Sarah hated it and Peter played for three seasons but decided it was not his thing. They do both play basketball and I love that they play it even though I don't particularly dig it as a sport. The best thing about basketball? IT'S PLAYED INDOORS!!!!! This is a huge bonus for me because, well, it's all about my comfort!
ReplyDeleteI am cracking up at your soccer description.
ReplyDeleteI also fully support the inclusion of endurance swinging as a sport.
Hello! Here via Theme Thursday. I have to say endurance swinging certainly looks like an official sport, the way they have a uniform and everything. ;) Such a happy picture!
ReplyDeleteSports.I didn't join in because I.got.nothin'. And if the weather holds the way it has been, swim for next week might be a little tricky. We haven't been able to go swimming, let alone get in the water just yet due to rain and the weather hasn't been that hot. sigh. I may be pulling something from the archives for next week or getting awfully creative with that theme.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Soccer is weird and your description of it is pretty much perfect! Why are they so dramatic about injuries??
ReplyDelete