1. What's something you intended to do today, but didn't?
Actually today has gone pretty much according to plan. I suppose I intended to buy C a donut at the gas station but the selection was of the sticky variety so he got a muffin instead. He liked it and he didn't know he was supposed to have a donut so no biggie!
2. What's your favorite grilling recipe?
Besides heat the charcoal and put the meat on? Um... sometimes I marinate the meat? I've got nothing. We actually grill often in the summer but mostly it's for meat and then we have veggies/pasta salad/fruit etc. because nobody likes a hot kitchen in the summer. But I am inspired to try one of the recipes I find this week. Game on.
3. What movie did I see most recently?
In truthfulness: While You Were Sleeping. I watch While You Were Sleeping multiple times per week. I like to fall asleep with noise. Yes I know the light is distracting and you shouldn't have a TV in the bedroom and I'm rotting my brain and I'll probably die a long painful death because of it. But: I wear an eye mask so there is no light, I don't care what the "experts" say and I am not afraid of death.
I can always tell how tired I am based on how far I get. My usual "watch til" part is when they say "He's in a coma.' "On Christmas Day!!!" (About 12 minutes in.) Once every few weeks I will watch the whole movie on purpose because I like it. I think it is funny to watch a movie titled "While You Were Sleeping" while I am trying to sleep. And Husband will almost certainly be asleep. It takes him about 30 seconds to fall asleep. Except from last night's 3:40 am tornado warning. After it expired I think we were both awake for a long while. "These mashed potatoes are so creamy."
4. Would you say your tendency is to over or under react to medical situations?
Is there an appropriate reaction category? I tend to worry that things could happen but when faced in an actual medical situation I am actually really good in a crisis. C has only been to the doctor for illness 2 times in his 2 years. Once because I knew he had an ear infection so we went to Quick Med, he did and we went home with bubble gum medicine for him to take for a week. Once because I wanted to make sure he wasn't dehydrated. He had lots of output for almost a week and while I knew there wasn't anything we could do about the virus part I wanted to make sure I was doing the best I could with the hydration and wasn't above getting help. He was fine BTW.
And at work once a little boy ran head first into a stone corner of the park building and split his forehead open pretty good. I cleaned it, wrapped it, called Mom and Dad, called the ambulance to check him out (sirens off and not for transport) they determined he needed stitches, calmed his brother down and sent him off to the ER. (With his Mom.) I filled out an accident form and I was literally covered in blood. Because heads like to bleed.
![]() |
| So overused. So true in this situation. |
And the whole time this was all happening I was like... no biggie. So, let's say a combo of the two because I do spend time worrying in advance but when put in the situation I am just fine.
5. Do you squeeze the toothpaste or roll it?
Squeeze. I don't think I know anyone who rolls it.
6. What did you do for Father's Day?
Called my Dad on Skype. Got my Husband a slice of breakfast pizza on the way to church. Sent him off to see a show during nap time. And we kept it really low key. He received new boxer shorts a few days early because the need had surpassed waiting for Sunday. He was able to open his new work shoes with his card on Sunday. (Boring present yes? Also more of a need than a want in you're curious. He old brown work shoes were BAD.) The day was about as low key as it could get. But that's okay. Good even.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!