Friday, March 11, 2016

7QT: Giraffes and Snacks

one. I just don't understand Daylight Saving Time. Why does it still exist? I am not super big on the whole shifting thing. I mean, sure it is annoying for schedules to change and all but mostly I just don't get it or the presumed benefit. It stays lighter longer? But it will also stay darker longer in the morning so... seems like a moot point.


two. We went to Zoo Tots for a school field trip. It was way way better than the Zoo Tots we went to in January. It was G for Giraffe and my dude loved it!



We even got to go to into the behind the scenes area and see them at eye level. We weren't allowed to take pictures of that but it was pretty cool for the preschooler set. 

three. After our zoo class we went to the park and it was so good to get out and enjoy. Husband has been taking the kids to the same park on the weekend for the past few weekends. Apparently my kids have different playground sensibilities depending on which parent they're with. I get the more cautious kids. The thing is I don't know that I exude nervousness or anything. I sure try hard to not be helicoptery. Weird phenomenon. 

four. C has been doing a good job eating this past week. I have discovered that if I call everything "snack" somehow that's less offensive than "lunch" or "dinner" and he eats all his food. So "snack" it is. Kids are weird. 

five. My father-in-law's wife won a trip to Orlando for work. They got FREE rooms at the Grand Floridian. But in their free days they aren't going to any of the parks because "they aren't really for adults." I don't even understand that. Especially if the room is free shell out the money for the park ticket! I can't believe my Disney loving Husband came from such a family. It defies logic. 

I mean if you can SEE Magic Kingdom you should probably go.

six. I feel like this Lent has gone really fast. Which sounds weird maybe but I can't believe Easter is coming up so quick! Lent has been good for me. Spiritual and personal growth, what more could I ask for?

seven. Do you ever let your kitchen sneak up on you? Mine has and I am really looking forward to rest time today so I can turn on some tunes and clean. The windows are open, the sun is shining and soon my kitchen will be clean! That's about as good as it gets some time. 


Have a great weekend! Linking with Kelly.

4 comments:

  1. OK, so number one. Yes. Just yes! What is the point. I remember fretting every single time because I could never figure out what time to put the littles down for their naps! Steve would calmly respond with, "What time did you put them down yesterday? One? Then put
    them down at one today."
    And number four. I specifically remember Rhett eating different than the girls did. I remember he required smaller "meals" all through out the day as opposed to 3 main meals and snacks.
    Have a super weekend, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like daylight savings time. I know, I'm weird. But the purpose is to shift daytime hours to hours that are considered "more convenient" for the general population. For example, when we lived in Rhode Island (so pretty far East) around the summer equinox, daylight hours were from around 5:30 AM -9:30 PM. Without daylight savings time, those hours would have been 4:30 AM-8:30 PM. I tend to wake up with the sun and never sleep in past sunrise (my kids are the same), so having daylight at 4:30 AM would be a major pain for us. Now, we live in IN, on the very western edge of the Eastern Time zone. In the fall, right before we change the clocks back, it is basically dark until almost 8:00 AM, so by the winter equinox (without the time chnge) it would be dark until almost 9 AM, so they change it back to make it more convenient. If you live in the middle of the time zone it really doesn't matter so much, but for those who live in the edge (either Eastern or Western), it does shift daylight hours to hours that are more convenient. It's called daylight savings, because it shifts daylight to hours that most people are up and about and the idea is that more people would enjoy having that daylight at 9:00 PM when they can be out and doing stuff, rather than at 5:00 AM when most people are asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are weird and wonderful, aren't they? (Little boys melt me!) I had a "snacker," too. He was my worst eater--could hardly get him to touch a fruit or vegetable. But his son G-Man would choose blueberries or asparagus over mac and cheese any day of the week. So that little apple falls very far from the tree!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!