Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Beware the Ides of March

Yesterday was a day.

School was at our house, our theme for the week is 'Teen Numbers" and I made it into an entire St. Patrick's Day unit. Only because of our two week break, and then a tummy bug at the host's house last week, they haven't done any school since February 18 and it showed.

We quickly transitioned from "learning a lot" to "remembering our schedule and how to listen." Which is just fine. I anticipated that after such a long break so I am not bothered by it. But it definitely took all my energy and I had very little patience with myself or my kids afterwards.


For lunch I made this rice/vegetable steamer thing. I figured it was a good way to get a serving of vegetables and also maybe help me not be hangry. But since I really don't like peas I also used it as a penance to remind myself that my kids deserve patience and understanding. I ate every last pea. 

During rest time I took a shower and a rest so that I could do a little better in the afternoon. And the afternoon went much better. I made fajitas for dinner and things were going pretty swimmingly. Until we sat down to turn on Wheel of Fortune afterwards. (We watch "the letter show" nightly.) 

It was all severe weather this and that. Then the sirens went off. So we went down to the basement. The kids love playing down there because they don't get to often and so they didn't mind one bit. But every time we thought it was getting close to the end it wasn't. 

The chest freezer is in the basement though. And it houses the ice cream so that was a nice bonus. Because bedtime had passed for one kid and was fast approaching for the other but tornado warnings are not to be bargained with so... ice cream it was. 


As it happens, the basement is also our diaper and wipes storage and I just done a kid load of laundry so we were able to diaper/Pull-Up and pajama our kids so that when we could go upstairs it was straight to bed with them. Which was great because I had this pile to tackle: 


My friend had a Scentsy party for her birthday and the order came in. So I got to sort through it all and package it up for each person. Which was kind of fun to do. Overwhelming at first but once I figured out a rhythm it was no problem. The first time you do anything it's a learning curve right? I am going to deliver them today to my friend's house. It was also a great distraction for the Ides of March politics. (Ay Caramba!) 

Also today the sun is shining and I have another day of school to plan for. So it should be a good one! Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of goods! I hate peas too, but I eat them so I'm not a hypocrite when I make my kids do it :) Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!