C,
Happy birthday, Goose! This past year has been redemptive and wonderful. Which makes it hard to capture in a measly birthday letter. The growth and maturity I've seen from you are so wonderful, you're showing the world how fantastic you are. I am so completely proud of you.
I am so sad that this virus stopped first grade in its tracks. It is not fair that you said goodbye to go on spring break and now you will never go back. Everything about this school year has been so radically different than kindergarten and I am so thankful. You got to be YOU this year and having other people see the wonder that is you is my favorite.
You are so wicked smart. You read so fast sometimes your tongue has a hard time catching up, which is why we talk about "marbles" in your mouth. I get it. I was like that too. And don't for one minute think that because I tell you to go back and slow down do I think you haven't read it.
It's funny, I so often talk about slowing things down and missing you. In some ways, this extra quarter of first grade has been nice. I get to hang with you every day. Obviously, this hasn't been without its faults and issues but I love that I get to spend your whole day with you, and I don't have to share you with school for seven hours. (Especially today!)
Your imagination is one to behold. Many people have been wondering how I keep you busy during the days, and I am so so blessed that I don't have to! Other than a car trip, I don't think you've ever told me that you're bored. You just explore and pretend. Creating worlds, stories, books, and games to entertain you and your sister. I pray that you will use this skill your whole life with wherever your life carries you.
And I am overwhelmed by your great faith. Spirituality just comes naturally to you, and whether it's playing Mass at home or creating your own metaphors for others to understand, I love watching your faith and trust in Jesus grow stronger every day.
8 is going to be a fun one! You're already excited for first communion and I can't wait to take that journey with you!! Happy birthday my sweet boy! I love you. Let's get this Star Wars/Mario/Garfield party started!
Love,
Mom
8 is going to be a fun one! You're already excited for first communion and I can't wait to take that journey with you!! Happy birthday my sweet boy! I love you. Let's get this Star Wars/Mario/Garfield party started!
Love,
Mom


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!