Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Star Wars Day

Yesterday was May the 4th. Which made it Star Wars Day. Here's the thing: I have never seen these movies. Neither has M.

C watched the first one (A New Hope) and then he also watched part of the next one. But he has read a ton of Star Wars books. Anyway, he is kinda into Star Wars and we are definitely seeking things to make staying in exciting.

SO... anyway, we started the day with school work. Our typical schedule has us starting the day with our school's Facebook live announcements at 8:00 and we are usually done by 10:00. Sometimes we have a little more to work on.

M borrowed one of C's shirts so she could dress Star Wars-y.


The kids watched Lego Star Wars with their lunch. 


Afternoon snack was a Yoda apple and "lightsaber pretzels" (Pretzel sticks covered in Fruit Roll Up.) Yes, we made just one apple. M doesn't like to bite into apples, she prefers slices, so she got a sliced up apple, a marshmallow, and 2 mini chocolate chips on a separate plate. 


Then we made some Star Wars crafts and I made pool noodle lightsabers for the kids to "save the galaxy" 



All in all, it was a very fun Star Wars Day and broke up some of the "staying home doldrums." Still haven't seen the movies. Don't plan to see the movies. But hey, I can throw a themed day anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad - I saw the very first Star Wars movie in the theater (yes, I know, I am VERY old!) and have never seen another one. And I'm okay with that! I LOVE that Yoda apple. It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--you are so creative. :) Those snacks are adorable. You are such a fun mom and they are very lucky kiddos. (And that Princess Leia hairdo--that really takes the cake.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!