Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Worms and A Return to Panem

Yesterday was a big book day in our house.

First: the new Elephant and Piggie Love Reading book was released.

And you know us and Mo. Even if it's just for a few pages... we preordered it a long time ago and it showed up. Happily before C's zoom so he could bring it as his show and tell.


So all the kids in my house were happy.

Which is good because yesterday was also the release date of The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.


And oh my goodness. I spent all day reading it.

I admit, I originally did not think diving back into Panem during COVID-19 times seemed like an especially good idea. But man, Suzanne Collins is a good writer.

Snow's journey was complicated and beautiful. Do I like him as a character now? Not in so many words, no. But having a deeper understanding of him and how he got where he was going, well that clears up a lot of questions.

It was excellently written and well thought out. I think it was the perfect addition to the series. I especially loved the little details that connected the stories together. It really is brilliant. Knowing why Katniss cuts him to the quick so much makes the other three stories that much better.

I am for sure reading them all again now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I am so glad you wrote about that book!
    I was wondering how it is!
    What is your thought on age range?
    Flynn is obsessed with the movies.
    Wondering about the books for her.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!