Today is Wednesday.
I am sure you're a rational and normal human who already remembered that. So don't worry. This reminder is for me.
Last week it was C's tech week for his show. Late nights for him. And for me as the driver. Also, last Wednesday we had our final Faith Night at church. So that's where this story begins.
M gave her speech for BizTown Mayor.
That evening, we stayed late at church and talked about the Holy Spirit.
Thursday was the election, and she did not win. The disappointment was hard. But a good learning experience.
Thursday, I also spent some time marveling at the Easter candle, which I believe may be the prettiest candle we've ever had. This picture isn't great, but it's a Marian rosary. Also, bear in mind I am a sucker for blue.
You know how Olympian parents are fun to watch because they get just as stressed out? I was fine on Friday night because I didn't know what to expect.
Saturday morning was our First Communion Retreat. I got to work at 7:00 to get that set up.
And then, due to all the things going on, I got to stay at work when it ended at noon for about 4 hours to get everything else ready.
Saturday night, C had quite the crowd to support him. Teachers (and a teacher's daughter).
My parents and brother.
Husband's dad and his brother's family.
I was there too. I was much more of an Olympic parent, though, on Saturday after seeing it once. It's nerve-racking!
Sunday, we got up early even though we had a late night before, because we went to the 7:15 Mass. It's a very efficient Mass you see, and we had a lot to accomplish.
We left church and went straight to Flipps for some pancakes with my parents and brother before they left town.
Then we went home and let C rest up a bit before his next show. M and Husband went to hang out with his family.
I took C to the show and then ended up taking a nap in my car. I was reading but kept drifting and decided to just own in. I leaned my seat back, set an alarm and slept!
Sunday's show was lovely. He had 2 friends from school come. (And some other people as well who either didn't stay to see him or didn't get their picture taken.)
These are some of the publicity pictures I was given access to. I promise I didn't take pictures during the show.
I am not even lying when I tell you that even though I am so biased, the show is truly so lovely. And C and Abby, the young gal who plays Mary, absolutely just steal the show. It even says so in their review.
I got C home and went back to work because we had a Confirmation Large Group night. Of course! I didn't take any pictures of that.
Monday morning came far too quickly for my liking, and with it came the 7th-grade retreat. Which you know, what? Overall went really well! We took them off campus to the cathedral because they have a very nice set up.
And each group had an adult who was not one of their teachers and a high schooler leading their conversation.
I was in charge of food and keeping people on track. Since this was C's class and I have known most of these kids since preschool, there wasn't a whole lot I was going to bring to the table.
Some of the feedback from the kids was so positive. "Can it be longer?" "Can we do another retreat?"
I mean... that's really something.
After school on Monday, C had student council, and next year he will be the student council president! Then I rushed him to his choir practice, and finally we were home for the night! I slept like a rock.
Yesterday it was Tuesday. You might be imagining I took the day off because I had to have been over hours will all of the things. I was actually significantly over hours, but there was the worst meeting of the year to get to. The calendar meeting.
It was long. And we always discover problems. But good news... we have actual leaves growing on our tree.
And M was quite funny with her personality. Taking selfies is her favorite.
And now here we are. It's Wednesday again.
Gearing up for C's second weekend of his show.
And that is what we have been up to.

























I'm tired just reading this! Your church and school do A LOT of great things. Phil's the DRE at the parish but all of the school stuff is separate and doesn't involve him. This time of year is extra busy with sacraments of course...but then you go ahead and throw in a show and family visiting and campaigns...dang girl. A marathon, indeed!
ReplyDelete