Anyway, we are on a school break this week and next. Which is kind of nice actually. I can't say anything negative about it if I am being honest.
Yesterday was kind of a crazy day as we all recovered from the full moon crazies (which is totally a thing) but we have done a few things this week to make sure we are still learning and not just being television zombies. In fact, out internet has been out ever since Saturday so there's been no Netflix or Amazon Instant Video going on here. (Well... I did hook the computer with an air card to the television for one Mickey Mouse yesterday but the screen time has been minimal.)
I made a maze and it had three different paths. One to spell C's name, one for M's and one for numbers 1-20. 1-15 we've got down but the number 16 trips us up for some reason. So we are working on that.
We have "name songs" for both kids (I had one too!) to teach them how to spell their name but any kind of practice with that is good stuff.
I've also got him writing his name out. I am hoping to avoid nicknames so I really don't care at all if he can write pretty much anything else before preschool but I do want him to be well on his way with his name. Since Luke, Max and Ben have a major leg up on my 11 letters kid.
![]() |
| This was Monday |
![]() |
| This was today. |
When school is at my house next it is St. Patrick's Day! So our theme for the week is going to be all those things associated with the feast. Since my two don't really know much about Ireland we learned about leprechauns yesterday and even did a craft!
M and I did hand over hand on this one on the left. She liked painting the beard and using the glue stick. C did all his own work on the one on the right. So there's a chunk of beard missing from when he was cutting (You can't tell but the beard is all cut up) and there's also an extra chunk of beard on his face. You can kind of see his little eyes and mouth. C didn't want to make a smiley face. "This Leopard-con just likes sad faces." He told me. Well okay then.
He was not particularly good at cutting but I am not sure I care. I mean i know it's a good skill and fine motor and all that but... it sure is helpful in that I am not super concerned about home haircuts just yet.
So that's what we have been up to on this week off so far. We're hoping to get out and about tomorrow and we have art class on Friday so there's more fun this week to come! Have a great Wednesday and feel free to share your cat and flower pictures with me!




So very tired if everything always being an issue so bring on the cats and flowers! I think he's doing a great job with his name!!
ReplyDeleteI feel you on the long names and wanting to avoid nicknames! I think Annamarie has the longest name in her class! So yeah, she got a lot of practice with N's and A's in her name! I really prefer her being called her whole name and it bugs me when people try and call her "Anna" since that's not her to me. Her cousin does it and it bugs me! Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers keeping a long name!
ReplyDeleteI have a Christopher too - and teaching him his name was a pain! But I love the name and do not like nicknames so we persevered. I broke it into 3 short words
ReplyDeleteChris - Top - Her and that helped. I will admit though, the rest of my kids have much shorter names!
I'm with you! Puppies and rainbows, baby! Or cute kids learning stuff is also good. :)
ReplyDelete