We love Full House. We have the house.
And we actually watch it. Not all the time but we have watched through all of it. It's a great show because we can watch it with our kids around. There's adult humor but not raunchy or embarrassing. And there's certainly kid humor. It can make you laugh. ("Best friend stealer!" "Dog tracer!") It can make you cry. (The Papouli dies episode with Michelle and Uncle Jesse in the boat.)
So for us, Fuller House was exactly what we wanted it to be. The first episode really tried to pack it all in and take us back to the show. All the catch phrases. All the everything. Sure the stare at the camera at Mary Kate and Ashley thing was a little ridiculous but whatever. I totally cried when they sang Forever. You've got to take this one for what it is: the big reunion of people who haven't acted together since 1995.
But the other 12 episodes (yes we are done) were pretty darn good. The story continues with all the good stuff you'd expect from the continuation of Full House. Grown up humor. Kid humor. Silly stuff. Song and dance moments. Moments that tug at your heart strings. Plenty of catch phrases and little moments. Kid and parent story lines. It isn't trying to be anything other than what it is: wholesome family entertainment.
Was it the best acted most realistic show I've ever seen? No. Not by a long shot. But neither was Full House. I would safely say that this was better than most of the Disney Channel shows I've seen lately. (Exception of Girl Meets World but as it happens I just love 90s nostalgia shows.)
I was exactly the target audience for this show and I LOVED IT.
I hope there's a season two!


My Madison cannot wait to watch it!
ReplyDeleteI'll tell her you loved it!
Have a great week. : )
We watched the first episode and were not impressed at first. But, the end of the episode was actually really sweet. I'm so glad to hear it improves!
ReplyDelete