As he was applying the spackle and doing that back and forth motion you have to do to even the paste out, M was watching very closely. Then she ran across the room and retrieved her dust pan that looks like this one:
She came back over and started going back and forth on the wall as though she was applying spackle too. My heart melted from the cuteness.
two. My guy, who knows all his letters, what they say, what words start with each letter and the differences between consonants and vowels does NOT like to write his letters. He just isn't interested. And me pushing him hasn't led to anything but frustration and resentment so... I dropped it. But I found this Magnatab:
And it's a game changer. He is excited to write letters. (This thing really is fun!) And he's even been holding the pen correctly. We've only had it a few days but I am really hopeful that this will encourage progress. Worse case scenario: M is also holding the pen correctly and playing with it so maybe we won't have this same reluctance.
three. My girl is going through a growth spurt. Or growing teeth. Or both probably. Because she has been extra extra sleepy. Yesterday we were playing while C was at school and she buried her head in her chair. I said "Where's my girl?" And she looked up at me and smiled. Then went right back into burrowing into the chair... and didn't move. She fell asleep! And stayed like that until I HAD to move her to go pick up her brother.
It's especially funny because ever since she's slept on her own she's always been particular to sleeping in dark and she still managed to make it dark in her own way.
four. It's supposed to be SO nice today (sunny and near 60!) and I was hoping to go to the playground today, but just now there was a loud noise outside and I looked out the window... it was WIND! It's apparently really windy. And we are under a wind advisory. Bummer.
five. Husband and I are officially adults adulting because this week we got the kids laundry hampers for their rooms and it's making us ridiculously happy. No piles of clothes. No making sure you have the clothes in your hand as you say goodnight and sneak out of dark rooms.
We got these darling 3 Sprouts ones. C got the Polar Bear one (obviously because Arctic animals that's why.) And M got the goat. Which is hysterical because her room is yellow and gray, her sheet is even gray with white polka dots! But also, my little girl loves to climb so much that we call her a mountain goat and she has a mountain goat stuffed animal she sleeps with and carries around. So the hamper is perfect!
six. So I am sure you've heard the song Cake By the Ocean by DNCE. (Linked the clean version.) It's so catchy. So ridiculous. And I kind of love/hate it but in a I totally wind up listening to it daily.
seven. And that's all I got. Linking up with Kelly. Have a GREAT weekend!





Your daughter spackling is the cutest! I love how they copy everything (well, maybe not all the time, but most of the time...)
ReplyDeleteWe have that hamper! I got the orangutan I think it is for Felicity's circus room. Only caution is they don't breathe super well so I had a wet bump cloth somehow get mildewy in it? It's not like I don't do laundry often so it was weird.
ReplyDeleteThat letter board is adorable! We love dry erase books for reluctant writers also, although dry erase markers stain like the dickens, so they've been hidden away from the 3-year-olds who like to draw on their bodies... Looks like yours might be a better solution ;)
ReplyDelete