Friday, February 5, 2016

7QT: Randoms as Always

one. Have you seen this?

It cracks me up even though I have started to care and even enjoy football over the past seasons. I am totally pro-Panthers winning but have you seen this video? 


I cried. Which is embarrassing. But I did. It's sweet. And really well done. Like impressively well done. 

two. In M news we are so enjoying our special girl time when C is at school, when it's not at our house of course. While I mourned the loss of the morning nap, it is fun to get to have some one on one time with her. We read stories. Practice coloring. (And crayon eating.) Sing songs and dance. It's really nice.

three. Yesterday I was prepping dinner during our special time and she was "helping" by stealing my hat and eating her Alphabits.


She ran out and so she helped herself to some more. 


It wasn't a big deal. I was standing right there and caught the bag with about half left. Unfortunately the box was pretty full since I bought them for a school activity we did last time I hosted school

four. In the C world, he said some hilarious things. We were discussing Washington DC and he said "I want to go to Washington ABC too." Also when he went grocery shopping with his dad last weekend he saw the cash in Husband's wallet. "An "A-ham" Lincoln and George Washington! You have 6 money!"

five. We got some penguin books this week: Pierre the Penguin, Penguin ABCs and Tacky the Penguin. My guy is pretty much in heaven. My friend sent me a link from Pinterest and he even thanked her for it today at art class. It was so sweet! He loves animal books.

six. So because apparently it's the thing now, I decided to watch an episode of Fixer Upper. I honestly expected to hate it. Because all the bloggers love it. And all the bloggers also love Downton Abbey which bores me to tears. But I do love Fixer Upper. Chip and Jojo are like the most real-life nice television personalities, I just love them.



seven. So obviously there's been talk of pushing out a wall at our house, making it a breakfast bar/more counter, moving the fridge and dishwasher etc. And while that's all swell and good, I would kill to just paint the ceiling and walls of our living room and add the new crown molding we've been talking about doing for a long time. But we'll see.

Have a super weekend! Linking up with Kelly.

5 comments:

  1. I love Fixer Upper! (Although, I also love Downton Abbey . . . so . . . yeah.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever once watched an episode of Downton Abbey and I think it's because everyone was raving about it. Isn't that weird that I don't want to watch something just because everyone else is?? But I do love me some Fixer Upper. We are hopefully going to do a kitchen reno in the near future and I'm a little nervous. It would be so helpful if Joanna would just come do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I never even knew what shiplap or subway tile was until I started watching Fixer Upper. Now I want to fix up my whole house. :)

      Delete
  3. I was with you about Fixer Upper and HGTV in general...then last year when I was G-Man's "nanny," I got totally hooked. Even my husband likes to watch Chip and JoJo!

    "Washington ABC. You have 6 money." Oh my goodness, he is adorable. I LOVE the things little kids say. I wish there'd been blogging back when mine were small. This is the best way to keep a journal of all they do and say. How great to have this all documented for when they're older. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!