We had friends over this weekend, which was fun. They're moving back here and we are excited for them to be close! So we spent Friday night and during the day Saturday cleaning and prepping for visitors. We finished with a lot of time to spare, which was good. But then what are we left doing? You don't want to keep cleaning, because at a certain point you just gotta let go. You don't want to make a mess. Pacing nervously seems silly... maybe we are the only people who stress out this much about people coming over but our house is on HIGH anxiety until the doorbell rings.
We bought a swimming pool and we've used that yesterday and today... it's a hit. It's slightly bigger than a puddle so that one of us can go in with him. He loves splashing people so it's kind of the highlight. I bought a splash pad for C's birthday but since you have to have the water running the whole time it seems more impractical. He loves the water and being outside. He throws such a fit when we go inside, it doesn't matter how long he's spent out there. So if we alternate between the two water activities outside mixed in with some non-swim days I think we'll strike a good balance.
![]() |
| Showing off his amazing swimmin' skills. Never mind the jungle next door. They mow just enough to not be in violation of city ordinances. |
The previous owners of the house left a bike rack in the garage, which is really handy for hanging up the pool/splash pad so they can dry and not be eaten. It's great. Especially since I don't bike and wouldn't have a use for it anyway. If you love biking, great, but I haven't enjoyed it since I was 14. Just really not my thing. But it is working well as a hang up the pool rack!
That's what we've been up to. And bonus, I found my swimsuit so I was able to go in with him today. It was fun especially since the heat and humidity are back with a vengeance.

E hates to go inside as well. She cries and cries. I think E and C are two peas in a pod...they would probably get along great! We definitely need to get together sometime.
ReplyDelete