It's another round of Answer Me This! Hey-O! This week is especially fun for me because I was tagged by Kendra. Which made me feel all famous on the interwebs for about 10 minutes. It's always startling when the people with a bajillion followers take notice of the little guys.
1. When's the last time you got a new bathing suit?
August 2012. It still fits. Or it did in April... I am sure with #2 taking up more room that it will be snug soon. I don't go swimming often but when I wore it in Florida I was actually quite happy with how modest it was--there's no falling out of this suit, there's not even any cleavage! I didn't remember that from 2012's trip to Florida. At that point I was just excited to go swimming!
I actually just got it at J.C. Penney which was surprising and it was really inexpensive. Not a lot of people were buying the swimsuits in August. (I think school had maybe even started... or was JUST about to.)
I actually just got it at J.C. Penney which was surprising and it was really inexpensive. Not a lot of people were buying the swimsuits in August. (I think school had maybe even started... or was JUST about to.)
2. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
My mom. I talk to my mom daily. On Skype always and the phone usually when someone is not on Skype or not answering. We have a variation of the same conversation the first minutes of every conversation.
Person Who Answers: Hello
Caller: Why aren't you on Skype/Why aren't you answering/I called you.
Person Who Answers: Why do you always call when we are eating/I am walking into Walgreens/We are at the playground/My phone was upstairs
Caller: Well Push Tosh About It**/Fellow has to go to bed soon/How did I know you were going to Walgreens?/Why do you even have a phone if it's not by you?
Person Who Answers: I'll go on Skype right now/I'll call you when I get home.
End Scene.
**My mom had a co-worker who misheard "Pish Posh" and said "Push Tosh." That was in 2003. It stuck. We say it a lot. Some times it is shortened to PTAI in both text and speak.
3. If you receive communion, do you receive it in the hands or on the tongue?
The hands.
I know we have been encouraged to receive on the tongue but I don't for two reasons.
First, it wigs me out. I know that the spread of germs isn't really likely but I somehow can't get past it.
Second, I have a very small mouth that doesn't open very wide so I would assume that would make it harder for the Priest. (I make a solid effort to only get in the Priest line regardless of where I attend.)
I know we have been encouraged to receive on the tongue but I don't for two reasons.
First, it wigs me out. I know that the spread of germs isn't really likely but I somehow can't get past it.
Second, I have a very small mouth that doesn't open very wide so I would assume that would make it harder for the Priest. (I make a solid effort to only get in the Priest line regardless of where I attend.)
4. Do you have a tattoo?
Maybe. Maybe not.
If I do it is not one that you would ever see.
If I don't this question is irrelevant.
5. How many dinner plates are in your house?
This is a loaded question. When we registered we picked out dishes based on simplicity and multi-use. We didn't do the fancy/casual thing we just got one set of dishes and silverware for everything. We picked based on look. (The now discontinued Sausalito in Blanca from Pottery Barn.) We didn't look at the size of plates.
So when we moved into our townhouse after our honeymoon, we were unpacking the kitchen and putting away our brand new everything and discovered the dinner plates didn't fit in the cupboards. They were too big. So we had a plate drawer at the townhouse. When we moved they relocated to a lower cupboard. We have 12 of these unpacked and another 6 in a box in the basement in original packaging.
But because they're so big we don't use them frequently we use the salad plates as our dinner plates. We have 8 of those.
So... take that as you will.
6. Do you have an accent?
I don't think I do. But I do have a bit of Minnesota that comes out. I know I go all hard Minnesotan when I say bag, bagel, bars etc.
And in those online dialect tests I am definitely Minnesotan because I say Pop, Hot Dish and play Duck, Duck, Gray Duck.
![]() |
| I am pretty sure I am going to buy this onesie for newbie. Actually I want one too! |



#1
ReplyDeleteI needed a bathing suit in August over a decade ago, I was pretty much left empty handed.
Communion from a priest is no more holy or efficacious than Communion from anyone else.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteYep that's absolutely true. I still try to get in the Priest line. It doesn't always work.
DeleteYou are hilarious. My Mom and I have almost the same conversation only with FaceTime.
ReplyDeleteSo you can neither confirm nor deny that you may or may not have a tattoo?
Ambiguity is the hidden spice of life. I would lean towards an aversion to needles if that helps. ;)
DeleteI always prefer receiving from the priest as well. I know it makes no difference but for some reason, that's my preference!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of duck, duck, gray duck. Bur wikipedia seems to indicate that you Minnesotans have better listening skills than the rest of us!
ReplyDeleteI also have dishes given for our wedding that we hardly ever use. We had no clue at all what to register for. Your answer to the tattoo question is awesome.
ReplyDelete