1. The Secret to a Good Chocolate Chip Cookie Part 1
My first secret is why my chocolate chip cookies are so darn tasty. It's so easy. Salt. Break all the baking rules you know and use the salted butter. THEN add the (optional) salt. It seems like a lot. But that is why cookies taste so good when you buy the dough from the store. I swear. Try it just once. Salted butter AND the salt. And tell me it didn't make a tastier than normal cookie.
![]() |
| I was searching for stock photos and thought... why not reuse a picture from last year's Theme Thursday? |
2. The Secret to a Good Chocolate Chip Cookie Part 2
You can find all sorts of "science of cookies" articles on the interwebs. I know. But most of them will skim over how to form the dough. Husband and I once had a lengthy experiment to find out what makes the best cookie. Obviously your personal preference will dictate your perfect cookie, but if you like a more done edge and a less done middle (crispy outside/chewy inside or chewy outside/doughy inside) then you need to be forming your cookie dough into cylinders.
It's all about the cylinders my friends. Again, try it just once. You'll be sold. And if you're going for a picture perfect cookie, after they're cylinders add a chocolate chip or two to the top of the dough. It will melt beautifully and look wonderful.
3. An Opinion On Motorcycles.
Would someone please, please tell me why motorcycles? They just seem dangerous. And for all the road signs that say "Start Seeing Motorcycles" I want to say "Stop Being Annoying" The speed limit is not just for cars. The lines on the roads are also not just for cars. Just because you can weave in and out of cars does not mean you should. They're also loud. And you'd get to places smelling like exhaust I'd imagine. And you'd either have crazy wind hair or helmet hair. I just don't get it. Can you explain?
*I know some people on motorcycles must be great people who always wear helmets and drive the speed limit and follow all the rules of the road. They should move to my town because they are few and far between here. If you are one of those people please tell me why you love your motorcycle.*
4. Wedding Season
We have a wedding this weekend and next. I am gearing up. Tomorrow's is local, which is nice. They are doing dismissal by rows, which is not nice. Dismissal by rows is it's own circle of Hell. We are getting there early so we're not stuck in the back.
5. In Other News
We get to go back and see Baby (Girl... probably) next week. I am looking forward to it and at that point I will start figuring out how that room is going to go. 24 weeks Sunday!
6. Hello Flo First Moon Party
7. Husband's New Job
Husband officially applied for the job he's been doing for a while. It's a formality and his new job title and raise will kick in on July 1! Best news ever! The best part is he will also be eligible for the bonus program. It wouldn't actually pay out for us until next July but baby steps and the potential for a bonus is great! Lots of exclamation points but I'm kind of excited. So I am exclaiming.
Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekends!


Happy Weekend, my friend!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes! Agree about the cookies! : )
And I think I shall have my in-house baker Peyton whip some up today.
Thanks for the visual inspiration!
Congrats to your husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raises and bonuses definitely require lots of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI clicked on that Hello Flo video via a Facebook post last night and I laughed so hard I was crying, full on tears. It was hysterical. The actress who plays the mom is awesome. "Periods don't have glitter"…I think I will remember that line forever.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your hubby!!!
Ok, I am absolutely trying some of these cookie baking tricks. And congrats to your husband!
ReplyDelete