one. Babies! M is no longer the youngest great-grandchild on either of Husband's side. Tuesday, his cousin on his mom's side had a baby. This one was a bit of a shock because... we didn't know she was pregnant until we got the email that there was a baby. I am not sure what the story is exactly but Baby Hank has 2 older sisters and a brother so the entire thing strikes me as odd. Then on Husband's dad side, his cousin had Baby RaeAnn on Wednesday.
two. I have a mosquito bite on my second right toe. So I'm just going to go ahead and chop it off. Itchy toes is probably a circle of hell. (Probably.)
three. Eating all the things. M is a very enthusiastic eater. She has got that pincer grasp on her right hand down. (She's so going to be a righty.) And she wants to feed herself. Only she's got that no teeth thing going on. I took the advice of Dwija and got one of these:
I got her the girly one because she inherited so many things that were blue. Not that I subscribe to girl colors and boy colors but it's nice for her to have something that is hers. It's going well. She pretty much thinks it's the best.
four. I power washed our front porch yesterday, We live on a busy street and just the car smog build up and dust makes for a dirty dirty porch. It went from an F to a C yesterday. I had to stop because after a while it was kind of just pushing the wet dirt around to other wet spots. I'm hoping to see some more improvement on the next go around. I learned we need to paint the porch. I also learned how satisfying seeing dirty melt off your siding is. Big shout out to my friend for letting me borrow her power washer.
five. I stayed on top of the dishes this week. I was pretty proud of myself. But I fell behind on the laundry. Apparently I can't do both. Something to work on I guess. #improvingmyself
six.
She was very excited for bath time.
seven. We are going out tonight. We are dropping the kids off with Husband's aunt and uncle and going to see a show. This will be our first time going out and leaving M with someone other than my parents. Even though we Skypes with my parents almost daily and she knows them she still doesn't really like being with them without me around. Heck this morning she never left our room but was playing on the floor and in the pack and play but when I woke up too she crawled over to me with this pathetic little cry/smile like "Mom, I missed you, you've been gone so long. I'm so happy you're here." It's cute. I love being loved and needed. But I could really use some time out with Husband so here's to hoping and praying she doesn't cry the entire time so they would be willing to babysit again!
I will be joining Kelly's party for Quick Takes today. Because why not?


Enjoy your night out!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your night out!!
ReplyDeleteMosquitos are terrible (again) this year. Poor Luke swells up severely if he gets bites. A bite on your toe would be a good reason to chop it off. :) I've never thought about that, but totally makes sense.
ReplyDeletePower washing ... ahhhhh ... yes! I love a good clean wash too. When I washed my porch, like you, I also discovered I washed off some paint too ... Boo! But at least the dirty, dirty stuff is gone. It is addicting! I started on the siding, but had to draw a line somewhere or I would have been out there all day. :)
I hope you had a wonderful night out! Miss M is the cutest!! :)