Friday, May 6, 2016

7QT: Random Roundups

Things are pretty good over here! Plus it's Friday!! So I am going to join Kelly for some QT this fine morning.

one. Wednesday we got word that C got moved up the waitlist for MORNING preschool! All of my concerns about rearranging nap and lunch and whether C would adjust to not being crabby in the afternoon are gone! Hooray! Best news ever.

two. My husband is super handy. A really long story short: we needed a new lighting fixture for our dining play room. I ordered one. My husband put it up last night and I am VERY happy.



three. Have you seen the puppet Great Clips commercial? Well I hate it. Because C find it terribly upsetting. First the puppet can't find his "family" and then he didn't get a haircut and a lollipop. He saw it once. And hasn't stopped talking about it since. With tears.

It came on again yesterday evening and we covered his eyes right away but still... super concerning. It does not matter that I have spent two days telling him the puppet found his family and got a haircut and a lollipop, the kid is convincd that the puppet is still sad. We've got all the empathy over here. He's always been super in tune with people, always a sympathy crier even as a baby.

four. The internet approaches. I had to ask them to move their truck yesterday so I could get C to school.


five. Then M and I stayed out the whole time. We went to the museum but it was super crowded and even though there is an entire area that is for under 4, kids don't read the signs and the caretakers/chaperones etc. apparently don't care. So we went to the park and we had a great time. She is such a good little climber.


They have  little rock wall on the equipment labeled ages 2-4. (I don't know why they label, it's pretty clear which age range each section is for.) Well she would just scramble right up then go down a slide then run around and do it all over again. But she did get tired out and I had to convince her to use the stairs a few times.

six. If I could wave a magic wand I would invent two things. First, an indoor play area for children of some sort that opens at 7:00. While I am not the earliest riser my kids are, and a lot of things don't open until 9:00 or 10:00. That's a lot of my kid's day right there. Especially when morning nap factored in we couldn't go anywhere because by the time things opened it was nap time. This is a solvable problem!

seven. Also, I would build an entire playground for preschoolers. In a perfect world playground developers would understand that little kids want to be big kids so a few dinky slides and a climber doesn't compare to the giant play area over there!


We love our park. (The play area is fenced in now. And there's swings at the red arrow.) And you better believe both my kids play on the "big kid" side anyway but I'd love a larger area for M especially who doesn't realize she's 12 feet in the air and could careen to her death anytime.

Okay. Have a great weekend friends!

4 comments:

  1. I've never understood afternoon preschool. So glad he got into morning preschool! Love that light fixture and I think they idea of an early morning play place for kids is great. My kids always slept late...many times we would have to rush to get to things that started at 9:00 but I can tell from all my years of blog reading that my kids were unusual. Maybe you can start a new business!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning preschool.
    Always.
    Preschool. Pick up. Hugs. Lunch. Nap.
    Ahhh. All is well in your world.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puppet commercial...devastating and so precious. And YES to someplace that opens at 7. I'm with ya. I always try to explain to Tim that most of my real "day" happens before 10:30 AM, haha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh yes, I remember when my first two were the same age as yours and there was nowhere to go for HOURS when they woke up in the mornings except the grocery store! There definitely need to be places that open earlier.

    But when they were that age, we were also lucky enough to live within walking distance to a school that has its "little kid" FENCED playground far enough away from the big kid playground that my kids STAYED THERE and didn't die and I could just sit and watch them play and not worry about all the things they could fall off of! It was wonderful and we've never found a replacement, although at this point it doesn't really matter...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!