Besides Polar Bear Bowling, Snowball Fight and a water table we had a few more activities at the party.
To start, we decorated our own (Ant)Arctic scenes. Husband printed out an iceberg/water scene. I put out crayons and stickers and let them go to town. C is not usually crafty but loves stickers. And awesome cold weather animal stickers are right up his alley. He had a lot of fun with this actually and it was a great way to keep everyone occupied as others arrived.
A little order at the expense of possibly ruining the kids forever was worth it to me. Inside each bag was a bag of fruit snacks, a box of yogurt raisins and a penguin rubber ducky. C's current favorite movie is Cars so we payed a little homage to that. As it happens, they were all terrible at hitting the pinata hard enough to damage it. Baseball players they probably aren't. So Husband eventually broke it in a way where we can fix it up and C is quite happy about that.
I found fish shaped bean bags on Etsy and these little buckets in the Target $1 section. Which pretty much just made the whole thing even better than I could have imagined.
So that concludes the overview of our party activities. If I haven't lost you completely I have one more post tomorrow about the awesome and inexpensive goody bags we had.






I love that walsrus! It beats the small paper pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey game I used to buy for our boys' parties. It's so neat how many things can be printed for you nowadays. Do you know that when I first started making scrapbooks and picture collages for my boys, I used to have to go to Mail Boxes, Etc. and have the guy there make color copies of my snapshots for me. No one had color printers at home in those days. That makes me feel old! Now there's no end to the things you can make or have made.
ReplyDeleteI just love that walrus game! I bet the kids had fun with it.